Anybody know how to get rid of the seatbelt safety chime???

O Lord!

I should have known this debate would have emerged. OK so what about Motorcycles? They take their lives in their hands everytime they ride. :shrug: I'm not going to buckle up cruising around town or running up to the grocery store, I WILL however buckle up on the interstate. I'm not the ******* on a cellphone drinking a cup of coffee trying to merge. I'm the guy that watches and anticipates that ******* to pull out in front of me or run the red light. Simply said its my choice.

Oh and i forgot I also have to buckle up whenever I see a cop. Damn laws.

Reactions: 1 user
  • Sponsors (?)

geneos5546 said:
dude this is america if i dont want to wear my seat belt i should not have to hear a buzzer, you cant smoke they tell eveybody what to do,how to do it, when to do it, i got a wife for that , at least i get something from her.

Dude,
You would have been SOL back in the mid 70s when new cars came with a seat belt interlock that wouldn't allow the car to start unless the belts were fastened in the occupied seats.

Yeah Sugar Butt, I hate that belt reminder thing to so I grabbed a hammer and a pick, aimed for there area where the noise was coming from, and banged the hell out of the dash. There, no more buzzer--although my dash is all screwed up. Luckly, I've only hit my head on the windshield five times during rear bumper crashes because I didn't have my belt on. But it heals each time...

Your truly
Joy Turner (Earl's Ex-Wife)

p.s. I got a TV Entertainment center for sale. To big for my trailer!

Making the seatbelt chime quit chiming is VERY simple. Buckle the seatbelt.

As the father of a daughter who has survived THREE airbag deploying accidents, I KNOW the value of seat belts. I thank God that we taught her to use her seatbelts. She had it fastened all three times and she is living proof that it is well worth the ten seconds or so that it takes to buckle them.

I disable the seat belt chime in every Ford.
The GT came from the dealer/factory with the beltminder disabled!

I disconnected the seat belt wire on the E-series since it was easier and quasi-permanent (won't reset if the battery is disconnected).

There should be no debate.. Regardless of your rights as a citizen in the United States, the simple fact is that a Seatbelt will save your life.

True, but it shouldn't be law. I wear my seatbelt everywhere, but if I don't want to I don't think it should be another reason to pull me over or fine me. We have enough laws in the US enforcing the ones we have might be a better idea. Maybe Eating fast food, drinking alcohol, smoking, etc... should be banned. Why aren't they? Because the cause is not directly associated with the result in most people's minds. I agree that if you are under 18 you don't posess full rights in America so you should not have the choice of wearing your belt. Parents should be forced to have their children in certain restraints. I feel bad for the family members the person leaves bhind for being ignorant, but maybe a safety belt wasn't worth their happiness to the person not wearing one. Either way I don't think it should be law. If the guy wants to disable the darn thing, then let him. He's got a Mom or a wife to nag him, he doesn't need it from us too. Except maybe the Fireman I would get pretty irritated if I had to look at the devastation of not wearing safety belts day in and day out.

I'll give you the issue on the seat belt law. I have no argument for that... I tend to think of it like Darwin and the Evolution of species - maybe we are just forcing the issue a little too much.

After reading this thread, I was curious as to what it would take to disable the chime so I read that section of my owners manual. My conclusion was that it just isn't worth the time and hassle to mess with it. Interesting that the disabling instructions were located right after the one plus page of reasons why everyone should wear a seatbelt.
For the record I always wear one. One saved my life once when I took a Triumph Spitfire down an embankment after being run off the road by a drunk in a pickup truck. I ended up with a broken foot, 18 stitches in my forehead (from where the windshield frame collapsed) and a compression fracture of the T-12 vertebre. But I was alive and made a full recovery. Only exception to my "always wear" rule was on convoys in Iraq. If I needed to get out of a vehicle in a hurry the last thing I wanted was my gear getting tangled in up a seatbelt. But the last time I checked even the most aggressive drivers I see on our highways aren't carrying RPGs and remotely detonating IEDs....

Marine One;But the last time I checked even the most aggressive drivers I see on our highways aren't carrying RPGs and remotely detonating IEDs.... \[/QUOTE said:
http://allyoucanupload.webshots.com/v/2004863828121234303

My formerly perfect Mach 1, looks like an IED hit it, but it was a ******* in a 93 Saturn who "didnt see me" stopped at a redlight on a sunny day. The buttwipe drivers around here come close to insurgents in lethality and probably surpass them in stupidity.

As a firefighter, and someone who has to remove what is left of vehicle occupants that choose to disregard the benefits of seat belt use, I am tempted to ask those of you who make this decision to carry something saying that if you wanted to live you would have worn your seat belt. So much useless loss associated with this selfish act. It drives the cost of health care up, drives the cost of insurance up, creates unnecessary pain and suffering for friends and family and what kind of message does it send to kids who look up to adults for guidance? No excuse for not using seat belts. It is a purely selfish act!

I am also a firefighter. In my 25 years on the job, I have never cut the body of a seatbelted driver or passenger out of a wreck.

I have covered many a lifeless body that was ejected from a vehicle.

I have seen women that were drop dead gorgeous become scarred for life becauue "thety didn't want to wrinkle their clothes"

I have seen idiots driving with their fracking dogs, or worse, their kids on their laps.

I would like to see a law that says, in effect:

No seatbelt? Hurt in a accident? Car totaled?

For being so fracking stupid, insurance will not pay for your car or your medical bills. enuff said!

Yes, this is America, and tyou have the right to be a fracking moron.. just don't expect symapthy when you kill yourself or maim yourself for life due to your own stupidity.

I am also a firefighter. In my 25 years on the job, I have never cut the body of a seatbelted driver or passenger out of a wreck.

I have covered many a lifeless body that was ejected from a vehicle.

I have seen women that were drop dead gorgeous become scarred for life becauue "thety didn't want to wrinkle their clothes"

I have seen idiots driving with their fracking dogs, or worse, their kids on their laps.

I would like to see a law that says, in effect:

No seatbelt? Hurt in a accident? Car totaled?

For being so fracking stupid, insurance will not pay for your car or your medical bills. enuff said!

Yes, this is America, and tyou have the right to be a fracking moron.. just don't expect symapthy when you kill yourself or maim yourself for life due to your own stupidity.

Interestingly enough, we're losing Marines at a high rate to traffic fatalities. Aside from the war it is our biggest killer and number our one killer here in the US. The senior leadership has tried just about everything imaginable to get the young Marines to slow down. It seems that they come back from being deployed to Iraq and are used to that adrenaline rush that came along with going up against Achmed. That and the fact that they'e coming home with lots and lots of money to spend on high performance cars and crotch rockets. One of the lastest in the long line of attempts to get the attention of our more junior Marines is that they each have to now sign a "Statement of Understanding Concerning Seatbelt Use." In it they acknowledge that they have read the orders concerning seat belt use, that they understand they must wear their seat belts at all times; will not operate a vehicle until occupants are properly belted; and that they understand if they are injured as a result of intentionally failing to wear their seatbelt that they 'may' be inelibible for certain disability, retirement benefits and sevarance pay.

I agree with your viewpoint on this subject.

It takes 2 minutes to disable the chime, you follow the instructions and click the belt 9 times. I dont understand this thread talking about rewiring the seatbelt, putting other belts in etc... when Ford tells you how to disable it! I wear my seatbelt driving, but sometimes you have to disconnect it to get out, put something in the trunk, drive to the mailbox get out, get in etc.....without the alarm chiming your brains out. Read the owners manual!