Anyone else want a cowl induc. Cobra hood?

RedTwilight

Founding Member
Feb 21, 2000
Roxboro, N.C.
For Several years now I have wanted a 2- 2.5 inch cowl induction version of the factory '96 Cobra hood. The hood would retain all of the details of the original factory piece. Details like the bulge in the center, the multi-piece scoops, and even were the hood peaks at the sides of the cowl. I would also like a high quality fit and finish to the hood.
Well I may have found someone to produce a hood such as this but it'll cost him $1,000 to make the mold! The company is Hurricane Fibers. He said if I could find 10 people who would also want this hood he would produce it.
------------------------------------------------------------------------
Here is the e-mail:
My e-mail to him= I found out about your company from the Corral message boards. You are currently the only company that I have found that is able to make custom parts for regular people and not just big companies. I have been wanting a custom cowl hood for my '96 Mustang Cobra for several years now but have not found anyone who makes or would make one for me!
I am looking for a 2- 2.5 inch cowl induction version of the factory '96 Cobra hood. The hood would retain all of the details of the original factory piece. Details like the bulge in the center, the multi-piece scoops, and even were the hood peaks at the sides of the cowl. I would also like a high quality fit and finish to the hood.
I am really interested in such a piece! Also could you quote me a price of what this would cost me in both fiberglass and one in carbon-fiber. How long would it take to develop this piece? Any information you can provide me is greatly appreciated. Thank you for your time and consideration.

p.s.- I am also wondering about a custom c-pillar sail panel. I have noticed that on the '99 and newer saleens mustangs the sail panel is a little longer than factory. Could you produce such a piece for the '94-'98 mustangs? And for how much would it cost?
Once again thank you for your time and consideration.

His reply= Sorry but I dont make any hoods it cost's me $1000.00 just to make the mold, but if you could get 10 people then I could produce one.
As for the sail panel this is a small piece I could do this one with out a problem, but I dont have one to make the prototype.
If you have any pictures of what you would like please send them to me and I will see what I can do for you.
Thanks
Hurricane.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Who else would want a hood like this produced? Please post and/e-mail me @ [email protected] or Hurricane Fibers @ [email protected]
Maybe we can get this guy to make some! :spot:
Thanks

Trinity

• Sponsors (?)

Smith- the cowl hood would provide extra clearance in case of an engine swap (say 351). It'll also allow the underhood temps to be reduced. And could even help aid in aerodynamics by allowing air to escape from the engine compartment.
It'll look exactly like the factory '96-'98 cobra hood except a bit higher.

If anyone else would like one let me know. maybe we can get this dude to produce one. Thanks
Trinity