Anyone ever buy from LRS?

1987stangman

Jul 12, 2006
My convertible has been sitting in the garage for weeks now because I had to buy a new rear glass assy. for it. I bought one online nearly 2 weeks ago from Late Model restoration and I still have not received it yet. I e-mailed them and all they can tell me is that it was droped shipped directly from manufactor and it was supposed to be here by Friday. That would have been cool with me because I had all weekend to get it in but it never came. I was never provided a tracking number or even how it was shipped so I am kinda in the dark. I have only ever ordered one time from them a long time ago and I remember the shipping to be pretty slow. I came pretty close to paying for next day shipping, I'm glad I didnt because I really would have been ripped off. Just venting I guess.

• Sponsors (?)

Have nothing but good to say about them.

My first order from them was easy and arrived on time. Second order was because I screwed up on part of the first order (vinyl stripes) and they offered me a discount on the second set since they couldn't separate them.

Drop shipping is a pain in the ass, I wouldn't so much pin it on LMR since it's not in their inventory.

My convertible has been sitting in the garage for weeks now because I had to buy a new rear glass assy. for it. I bought one online nearly 2 weeks ago from Late Model restoration and I still have not received it yet. I e-mailed them and all they can tell me is that it was droped shipped directly from manufactor and it was supposed to be here by Friday. That would have been cool with me because I had all weekend to get it in but it never came. I was never provided a tracking number or even how it was shipped so I am kinda in the dark. I have only ever ordered one time from them a long time ago and I remember the shipping to be pretty slow. I came pretty close to paying for next day shipping, I'm glad I didnt because I really would have been ripped off. Just venting I guess.

Please PM me your info & I'll look in to the order & have a salesperson contact you with an update.

Unfortunately, sometimes having items drop shipped is more hassle than anything. You're at the mercy of the company that's doing the drop shipment, rather than the vendor you purchased the item from, but the company you purchased from is the one that's generally on the hook. LRS is a good company, so they'll get it sorted out. I bet 50% or better of the members here have ordered something from them at one time, or another.

Please PM me your info & I'll look in to the order & have a salesperson contact you with an update.

Thanks for looking out, Jonathan. :nice:

Unfortunately, sometimes having items drop shipped is more hassle than anything. You're at the mercy of the company that's doing the drop shipment, rather than the vendor you purchased the item from, but the company you purchased from is the one that's generally on the hook. LRS is a good company, so they'll get it sorted out. I bet 50% or better of the members here have ordered something from them at one time, or another.

Thanks for looking out, Jonathan. :nice:

I agree about the drop ship. Most of my ordering for Mustangs has always been through Summit or locally since there are a ton of Mustang specific speed shops in my area, however, if one is to order an item that is advertised as a product they sell it would be nice to have a statement about that item being droped shipped from their supplier. If someone would have paid extra for 2 day or overnight they would have been disapointed. At any rate, I am sure they will resolve it no matter what. I have always heard great things about LRS and that is why I used them in the first place and is which is why I decided to post up my original question to see if this was just an isolated case.

I agree about the drop ship. Most of my ordering for Mustangs has always been through Summit or locally since there are a ton of Mustang specific speed shops in my area, however, if one is to order an item that is advertised as a product they sell it would be nice to have a statement about that item being droped shipped from their supplier. If someone would have paid extra for 2 day or overnight they would have been disapointed. At any rate, I am sure they will resolve it no matter what. I have always heard great things about LRS and that is why I used them in the first place and is which is why I decided to post up my original question to see if this was just an isolated case.

Sent you an email with all the pertinant info. One thing I forgot to touch on was your mention of potentially getting screwed if you had selected an expedited shipping method. That simply is not the case. For example, if a customer selects Next Day Air at the time of checkout on the web, their credit card will be pre-authorized for the current order total. If for some reason the part is not in stock, the customer would be contacted & the shipping would be reduced to normal ground & when the order shipped they would only be charged the lesser ammount.

I know it's hard to have faith in any company these days, but there are those that still do care about thier customers. Luckily, I work for one of those companies, because if it wern't for great customers like you folks here on stangnet, we would not be celebrating 10 years of business!

Thanks for all the kind words guys! If there are any other questions or concerns, please let me know.