Anyone have a pic of brake booster vac line

rcmustang17

Sep 22, 2007
I am wanting to seafoam my engine but am not sure what vac line to go through. I have heard the brake booster line in a good and easy way to get the seafoam into the engine. Does anyone have a picture of this vac line? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

No pictures, but I can explain it to you pretty easily. Look on the driver's side of the firewall, for the black bulbous object. That's your brake booster. You should see a line coming off of that leading to the vac tree on the side of the engine bay - easy to spot as it's the only one there. Just pull the brake booster side of the line off, and start seafoaming it up! :nice:

Brake booster line is not a good line to come off of. It's such a big line that the engine will most likely stall and the vacuum is so great that you run the risk of dripping too much in there at one time creating hydrolock. Try using the EGR line or putting a T in the middle of the fuel pressure regulator line.

Brake booster line is not a good line to come off of. It's such a big line that the engine will most likely stall and the vacuum is so great that you run the risk of dripping too much in there at one time creating hydrolock. Try using the EGR line or putting a T in the middle of the fuel pressure regulator line.
True, first time I tried doing it through the BB line, it stalled pretty much instantly. If you do it through the booster like I did though, just pour the seafoam into a glass or anything like that, hold the brake booster line right above it, and it creates enough vacuum to suck up bits of it at a time, without stalling and without sucking up a ton at one time. :nice: Another candidate is the PCV valve, I just didn't want to go through the hassle of digging behind the intake to get to it.