BATTERY TRAY please help

Hello all you II owners I need some help i'm getting my 289 ready to stuff in our 74 mach 1 the only thing holding us back is the rotted battery tray and inner fender.Can any body tell me where or can some one cut one off a car they are parting out please.I have been checking on retrofitting a different style one in there to hold battery and still look decent any help would be appreciated thanks.The misses is really wanting her mach on the road:shrug: lol see ya greg

• Sponsors (?)

I know this is a bit of a longshot, but i junked out a 1980 Pinto Wagon years back and it had something unique. The battery tray actually unbolted from the inner fender area in this car. The battery sits in the exact location as the II battery does but it seems that there was more space between the tray and the inner fender. I seen a couple of these and neither one was rotted out. Looking back I should have pulled them but wasnt' sure if they'd work. Might be something to look for if you're crusing the yards.

Other than that, you'd better get yourself a set of mallets, panel beater bag, and an english wheel and make your own! It's hard to come across a nice battery box area in a junk car these days.:(

battery tray

Thanks for the info on the pinto.i just wont let that get out i'm using pinto parts i will never hear then end to that one :D get ragged on enough at car shows.yea i hear you on the inner fender:rolleyes: there was a complete one on e-bay started at $100.00 went all the way to over $250.00 now i know why.I allso looked in to installing an 67 or 68 mustang battery tray in its spot but now that there has been a different alternative i;ll check in to thats thanks abunch:nice: