BBK Catalytic Converters

DJHA90

Dec 17, 2002
Texas
Any one else have any trouble with the combs breaking up on BBK Cats. Ive gone through 2 sets in 2 years. Starts rattling and when I take em off, big pieces fall out. I don's drag race and most of my driving is to and from work (about 15 minutes each way). Car is lowered and a bit stiffer than stock. One pipe was a shorty H-pipe. The other was a shorty x-pipe.

Just bad luck?

• Sponsors (?)

I have a bassani x w/ high flows and I never had this problem. Once when I lowered the pipe and bolted it up it sat really low and dragged againdt the pavement on the slightest bump. I still drag it over speed bumps even after fixing the problem. The lower heat shields on the cats have dings, dents, scratches and yellow paint from dragging over speed bumps (as proof of abuse) and the cats have yet to come apart on me. Hell I passed emissions with them just a few months ago so I know for sure they still work too. Dont know why you have this problem. May try bassani after this...it should be the last one you have to buy.-Robin

DJHA90 said:
Any one else have any trouble with the combs breaking up on BBK Cats. Ive gone through 2 sets in 2 years. Starts rattling and when I take em off, big pieces fall out. I don's drag race and most of my driving is to and from work (about 15 minutes each way). Car is lowered and a bit stiffer than stock. One pipe was a shorty H-pipe. The other was a shorty x-pipe.

Just bad luck?
I had the same problem with 2 of my bassani X pipes.

go-stang5.0 said:
I have a bassani x w/ high flows and I never had this problem. Once when I lowered the pipe and bolted it up it sat really low and dragged againdt the pavement on the slightest bump. I still drag it over speed bumps even after fixing the problem. The lower heat shields on the cats have dings, dents, scratches and yellow paint from dragging over speed bumps (as proof of abuse) and the cats have yet to come apart on me. Hell I passed emissions with them just a few months ago so I know for sure they still work too. Dont know why you have this problem. May try bassani after this...it should be the last one you have to buy.-Robin

I hope I have the same luck as you with my Bassani catted x-pipe, as mine is dinged and scratched from speedbumps as well. :shrug: