BBK SSI Intake Warning

• Sponsors (?)

Strype really sorry to hear this, nothing sucks more than spending hard earned cash on a crap part. I have read some bad stories about this intake on here and corral, a bbk tech even responded to a post stating they now about the fuel leaking problem and they still have not bother to fix it. If they cared about customer service and thier name they would have recalled that crappy intake and refunded all the money. I'm thinking if all the ssi intake owners got together they would have a class action law suit or something, it's a faulty product and a fire hazard. Thank goodness you didn't burn down your car or even worse yourself.

I vaguely remember a while back someone else mentioning a dangerous flaw in the SSI intake, possibly here on Stangnet, too. You probably aren't the first one, Strype.

I would'nt mind seeing some pic's of this? I think we all would get a better idea of what going on here.

there at the top of the page. click the attachments.

I vaguely remember a while back someone else mentioning a dangerous flaw in the SSI intake, possibly here on Stangnet, too. You probably aren't the first one, Strype.

that was me.

Don't know much about this intake...never cared for it really.

I'm sure the threaded holes are for aftermarket fuel lines...feed and return?

This seems like it should be an easy fix to me...have the holes for the crossover welded up( or tap them for plugs), then get some brake line and make a crossover using the threaded holes. Or plug the threaded and tap the o ring holes for some fittings. Shouldn't be into it for more than $20?? Just throwing out an idea...

I can't believe I didn't mention this...

It took us weeks (on and off) until my buddy (WHT306) decided to try and jiggle the tube. And guess what? You can slide the tube back and forth between the rails with them fastened all the way down and the o rings in place. :notnice: