Best AutoX Tires?

dmdesilva

Sep 15, 2011
Belle Mead, NJ
Hi everyone,

I recently purchased two 10.5" wide rims to use for race tires. I have a spare set of stock rims that I will use for the fronts. My questions are as follows:

1. I know the sizing for the stock rims but, I believe the size for the rears will be 315's with these new rims. Will this pose any problem with spacing? Will I need spacers? My suspension is heavily modified (see sig) will I be ok clearance wise?

2. Can you guys recommend a good brand of race tire for AutoX. I need something that will heat up quick since there I can't warm them before the first runs. I will be bolting these tires on once I arrive at the autoX or track so no worry about using them on the road.

Thanks in advance for any help!

• Sponsors (?)

Kuhmo offers a couple of competition tires that are well suited for auto-X. Look at the victoracer V700. They have likely updated that tire since I was looking... I am sure there are many other competition tires out there good for Solo II, just look around on tirerack and other websites for competition tires. Keep in mind these tires will only be for the track. They will wear very quickly on the street, even just driving to the meets. That's why you have an extra set of wheels for street tires. ;)

No idea what class you'll be running or if it is legal there.. that is up to you.