Best tire size for a 9in. rim?

AntiRice98

Dec 6, 2005
I just ordered a set of 17x9 and 17x10.5in rims. I'm going to put 315's on the back but I don't know what to put on the front. What are you guys running that have this combination? 275 seems too wide for the front. 255 seems perfect but I heard you want to have the same revolutions per mile. I also heard the 245s don't quite fit the rim all the way. What are your opinions?

Thanks,
Jeremy

• Sponsors (?)

sumitomo 245/45/17

DSCN0221.jpg

Thanks for the input 98cobra those look perfect. I'm going to go with Nitto 555 because I heard the Sumitomo's are pretty crappy. They look great though, I think I'm sold on the 245's for the front.

Thanks for the input 98cobra those look perfect. I'm going to go with Nitto 555 because I heard the Sumitomo's are pretty crappy. They look great though, I think I'm sold on the 245's for the front.

Wow. Bad move. Why would you go with Fords stock 8" rim tire size on rim thats an inch wider???? I had 265s before and now 275s and they are perfect.

I have 275/18s up front and 295/18s on the ass.

58993d1248042076-interested-1996-2004-gt-vert-mustang-1680x1050-pixels.jpg

60209d1256164223-getting-tired-my-h-r-super-sports-new-wing-best-web.jpg

275 is the best fit. :nice: 245s come stock on 8" rims. Add an inch to the rims and the same to the tire and you basically have the 275s.

True...That just seems like a lot of meat to put under the front. I also like the idea of having a much smaller tire up front then in the back..Don't want to kill the handling though

Remember this thing is a mustang. The weight balance is not good. Its nose heavy. I would hate having 245s up front. My 2c.:shrug:

I agree with that. I have 9" up front and BFGoodrich 275/40/17s, and love it. They fit great, and I'm basically slammed. With the proper equipment in the front end (AKA offset rack bushings, relocated swaybar, etc) it will feel BETTER than stock.

IMG_0103.jpg

IMG_0115.jpg

IMG_0093.jpg

I agree with that. I have 9" up front and BFGoodrich 275/40/17s, and love it. They fit great, and I'm basically slammed. With the proper equipment in the front end (AKA offset rack bushings, relocated swaybar, etc) it will feel BETTER than stock. [\QUOTE]

Holy crap you ARE slammed. The front of my car was too low for the roads up here and I had to change springs. Must have decent road where you are!
BFG make some great tires. KDW2s are the best tire I have ever used. I'm buying a set for my C class too. Both wet and dry traction are amazing.

I agree with that. I have 9" up front and BFGoodrich 275/40/17s, and love it. They fit great, and I'm basically slammed. With the proper equipment in the front end (AKA offset rack bushings, relocated swaybar, etc) it will feel BETTER than stock.

Man your stang looks good! I hope I can have my suspension worked out like that some day. Do you have wheel spacers in the rear?