Best Tires For Fox!

Colton Howell

Jul 29, 2017
I am looking for some new tires to go on my 1987 foxbody Lx. I know that I want to do 245/45r16 in the back and probably 225/45(or40) r16 in the front. I need some advice on what brands are the best and have good treadwear because I daily my car and want the tires to last. Thanks in advance!

• Sponsors (?)

All-seasons? Summer only? Price range?

Best is relative. Considering you daily drive the car, we need to know more about the conditions it will be driven in? Temp range? Snow? Etc?

All-seasons? Summer only? Price range?

Best is relative. Considering you daily drive the car, we need to know more about the conditions it will be driven in? Temp range? Snow? Etc?
Yes my bad man, I live in Georgia so temps are high in the summer and normally 30's or 40's in the winter sometimes higher sometimes lower. And I have seen both all season and summer tires but I'm not sure which would be better for my car appearance and performance wise considering it doesn't get super cold here during the fall and winter. Which would you recommend? And the price range umm.. I would like to stay at around $110 a tire or less if possible give or take some

Radial TA's!

Err... Do they still make those? :chin

Anyways, a 245/45/16 would take off about an inch in overall diameter compared to stock. Losing sidewall will also cost some traction and make the ride a little rougher. Consider going with a near stock 245/50/16 instead.

Stock up front would be 225/55/16. And if you drop all the way to a 225/40/16, you're going to effectively give your car a 3/4" rake towards the front, even with the rears you mentioned.

After a quick look at tire rack, there are about 10 options in 245/50/16, and I like the G-FORCE COMP-2 A/S for all seasons and the Sport Comp 2s for summers. At 120 & 130 dollars respectively, they're close to your goal in cost, too. There are much cheaper tires if you don't care about how sporty they are.

Chris

Reactions: 1 user
Never mind I just realized you have 16s and Nitto doesn't make a 555 in a 16. You would have to run the 450s. We ran the 450s those on my wife's Z4 and liked the performance and wear.