Better hurry up and sell your Pro-M meter Out of Business

I heard that Pro-M is out of business as of 3-21. They aren't doing any more shipping from what I hear which is bad news for anyone who sent in their meter to get recalibrated. Just thought people should know in case a meter they ordered was on backorder.( copied from another thread)

But I heard this today too..

• Sponsors (?)

The scuttlebutt on this is that Granatelli sued them over "unpaid wages" and won. I've also heard the lawsuit was over breach of contract. Those who are truly interested can probably find the lawsuit on the web.

Ed - if you sent in product to them during this "transition" I'd call the Pro-M number again. You'll be greeted by a Granatelli employee but they may be able to help you out. I'm also checking out an alternative resource that says they may be helpful with getting property back from what used to be Pro-M.

For those who really love(d) the Pro-M product, no worries. The company is coming back under a new name and management. Keep your eyes out for Professional Mass Air Systems.

stock50LX said:
Did Pro M make mass air meters for any other manufacturers besides Ford?

Yep. Up until '98 Pro-M only did calibrations on Ford-based meters. GMS then approached them with the GM Delphi program, supplying Pro-M with the technology to calibrate the GM meters to GMS specs. From what I've read, GMS is claiming that Pro-M then tried to circumvent the agreement and sell meters directly. Hence the lawsuit and shutdown of what we all knew as Pro-M.

Thanks Pcinpdx, I'll try giving them a call, The a-holes sent me two cold air kits when I ordered only one and of cource charged me for two.I called and they told me to send it back and they would credit my account for the 193 dollars and it would take a week once they got it and thats when they closed there doors so i'm trying to get my bank to investigate and I think there going to try to screw me on it too and I've been with them for like 15 years and never had any type of dispute before, if they dont back me up i'm gonna tell them im taking my business else were.I think I was :owned: again. But as far as my pro-m 92mm maf it works awsome and looks pretty kool better than those plastic peice a chit looking ones that other companys have out, and I heard that CnL'S are really hard to tune. :flag:

Guessing not many of you follow twEECer. This is "Old news" from last month...

LAst word a bunch fo the employees had bought out the tooling etc etc and were restarting the company on thier own... Check out the twEECer boards for more info..

stock50LX said:
Did Pro M make mass air meters for any other manufacturers besides Ford?

That leaves us with C&L and the expensive Granitelli!
but i'd pay the price for the granitelli if it was a great product tho? in stead i bought a C&L, still good cheap and not as much to get new tubes now that i know what they do and are for! thanks misha. peace

john :p

03yellowvenom said:
Thanks Pcinpdx, I'll try giving them a call, The a-holes sent me two cold air kits when I ordered only one and of cource charged me for two.I called and they told me to send it back and they would credit my account for the 193 dollars and it would take a week once they got it and thats when they closed there doors so i'm trying to get my bank to investigate and I think there going to try to screw me on it too and I've been with them for like 15 years and never had any type of dispute before, if they dont back me up i'm gonna tell them im taking my business else were.I think I was :owned: again. But as far as my pro-m 92mm maf it works awsome and looks pretty kool better than those plastic peice a chit looking ones that other companys have out, and I heard that CnL'S are really hard to tune. :flag:

We have had good luck with the new SCT 95mm tuner maff and the new C+L 85mm tuner maf for the EEC 5 cars. As for the older cars the C+L have worked fine so far.

03yellowvenom said:

If you've sent back the other CAI then you should have no problem getting credit from you CC company. Photocopy the reciept for shipment and send it off to the CC company for proof and they should square you away.