Biggest Tire Size On Fox Body

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
Hey guys I need some guidance. I have a 90 stang with 5 lug conversion with discs in the front and drum in the rear. I have 17 cobra wheels. There appears to be a small if any backspace. I am looking to go with a 10 or 10.5 inch rim. (they are currently 17x8 with 245 45 17). My quad shocks have been removed so my question is If I get a rim with 6+ inch back space with .5 off set can my goal be achieved? I know I will have to roll the fenders and such. It does not have to be a 18 inch rim. i want the fattest semi low profile tire in the rear I can get without it looking ridiculously from the 90s lol(sticking out 5 inches from the wheel well.. ) I was looking at my bro in laws 04 mach 1 with nitto 315s on it and I want something like that for my fox body. I was looking at something like this http://www.ebay.com/itm/AFS-WHEELS-...its=Model:Mustang&hash=item3ce1126201&vxp=mtr

with 300+35 or 40 18

Any suggestion would be greatly appreciated ..

• Sponsors (?)

275/40's fit no problem some guys can get 315's to work with the proper backspacing and a little massaging of the fender lip.

I presently have 245/45/17 on all 4 and will be swapping ot 275/40/17 on the 2 rear

Hope all day long,...it's gonna take a sawzall, a hammer, a grinder, and a mig before that'll happen in the real world.
Yep. I've accepted this and will go to a 275/60. But that won't stop me from trying. The SN95 axle and 7.5 BS will help me a bit but it's not gonna work.

I will jump in here.

if im going to order some rims, 4 lug, I would get 17x9 with 18mm offset? with no quad shocks, I can get 275s in there? what aspect ratio do I order? 275 xx/17? 245 in the front?

On the front of what?
This is almost 3 years ago, maybe post your question in a new thread

lol nah was a mistake. My ipad was opened to this old page im guessing from a search i did a week ago, and I thought it was a response to my current thread....as soon as i posted i saw it was from 2014 but I dont know how to delete threads..... my bad

I opened up a can of worms here.... I responded to this old thread by mistake (using this forum on 4 different devices) thought it was a different thread, now I'm getting more replies to this than actual important threads to me haha.