bird_dog0347

• Sponsors (?)

Hey guys, I took the car out of the garage again today just to do some tuning... I got burned out on it the last year or so but really want to get back to driving it and working on it again. She's running pretty well lately, starts up easily and has a nice WUE (there's a bit at the end of the WUE where it hunts for idle right before it goes into closed loop), and then has a pretty nice idle most of the time once warmed up. She runs cool with no issues there anymore.

The biggest issue lately is when coming to a stop and putting it in neutral sometimes it will die so I have to keep an eye on that... not sure what to look for in the tune though. I also notice it seems fairly lean quite a bit so I did a little 25 minute drive today and data logged it, then ran the VE Analyzer against it and updated the tune on the car but haven't done much else yet. Any ideas on the dying at idle? Here's today's log along with the 11-4-19 tune I ran while logging it and the new analyzed tune that MLV spit out for me but I haven't ran yet.

Attachments

• CurrentTune_analyzed_11-9-19.msq
    116.7 KB · Views: 56
  • CurrentTune_analyzed_11-4-19.msq
    116.6 KB · Views: 60
  • 2019-11-09_14.28.35.msl
    9.7 MB · Views: 61
First thing i notice is the MAT sensor reading is wrong.. almost as if the calibration in the thermistors table has been set for the wrong sensor. this alone will make tuning very difficult and wont give you repeatable results. This is the first thing that needs to be looked at and fixed, I cannot check this on my end.

I have made some alterations to the tune file to hopefully stop the idle oscillation when its full hot. this is moot however because once the MAT is reading as it should there will be tuning that needs to be done again.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.3.0.0.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 63
:hail::hail::hail: HO LEE FUK!!!! This thing is SOOOOOOOOOOO much better. It is a whole new car. There's still some tuning to do for sure, like the transition from 2-5% throttle to 100% it falls on it's face for a moment but if you roll into it everything works great! It ACTUALLY feels like it has power. I mean, ever since I put the TFS heads and cam and the GT40 intake on it I've been severely disappointed. Driving it tonight reminded me of my coupe 20 years ago!

As for the MAT, I bought a new sensor as I couldn't find a way to calibrate it in the MS software and even with the new sensor in open air plugged in and the engine off it read the same as the old sensor so I didn't replace it. It's almost like it thinks it is celcius instead of Fahrenheit.

Attachments

• 2019-11-17_18.35.48.msl
    8.2 MB · Views: 62
That's great to hear, if you need me to give you more direct assistance I can. It's likely something we can work out in an hour or less, and I'll be able to work on the sensor directly. Well at least through the magic of the internet...

If interested pm me or check out my services page in my signature, it's not free but it certainly is priced fairly.

I needed something to do while drinking my coffee this morning so i made some more changes to the tune file. I am not overly happy with how the tune looks, and alot of alteration will need to be done once you get the sensor corrected.

In the tools menu at the top of the page in tuner studio

tools> calibrate thermistor tables> mat sensor> use the ford sensor

do not touch the clt sensor calibration, you may have to unlock the thermistor tables so you can alter them.. do not forget to relock the tables when done.

Attachments

• BirdDog.REV.3.0.2.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 70
That's awesome, and by the way, I don't see your signature for whatever reason? You've been a huge help over the years and I wouldn't mind supporting you at all, just need a link?

The signature only shows up on your first post on the page, so you would have to scroll up and then hover over my sig to see my page links.

to donate directly or talk openly about services PM me or you can email me at [email protected] <can also paypal me at this email.

So I took the car to lunch and loaded up your newest tune from this morning and she was not happy at all during idle. AFR was pretty high and just running and idling rough so I put the previous tune back on it and calibrated the sensor. Much happier now. I logged going to lunch and accepted the analyzed changes then logged that coming home. Drivability is great, power is great, everything seems really happy now.

If you loaded the 3.0.2 with MAT correction tune and ran it without calibrating the sensor then of course it would not run right.

IF you are sending me datalogs with tune changes made then my changes will be all kinds of off. I need datalogs from the tune I send as its sent or a copy of the altered tune and a datalog to go with it.
We both have to be on the same page in order for this to go smoothly.

No no no, we are on the same page... So far I have not given data logs that were used on tunes that either you didn't provide or I didn't provide in my responses at the time.

As for the MAT correction tune I tried it after calibraition of the sensor, but just to be sure I tried it again yesterday confirming that the sensor was reading the proper temps. It idles poorly like that and even with WUE going it starts getting really lean. So I shut it down and put the other tune back on (that I did accept some new fuel tables on and is attached) and it is running great like that.

This data log from yesterday shows me starting it up on the MAT correction tune then killing it and putting on the previous tune which was analyzed and accepted by MLV on my end. New tune and data log attached. Overall it's running the best it has in years right now, mainly I just want to be sure it's all good and safe and get to enjoying it, but so far this seems like the best tune yet!

Attachments

• 2019-11-19_11.26.21.msl
    4.9 MB · Views: 62
  • CurrentTune.msq
    119.2 KB · Views: 70
Sort of, the log starts off with the MAT tune then after a few seconds of it not running well I killed it and went with the tune I just attached which was the 3.0.0 tune that I ran MLV analyzer on, not the 3.0.2 tune.