Brakes Applying 2006 Mustang Coupe Pony

George Tricas

May 29, 2017
I have a 2006 Ford Mustang coupe V6 replace brake booster and master cylinder now car is applying brakes automatically after a short distance 10 to 15 miles once cars let sit up for 10 minutes brakes release did I do something wrong installing a master cylinder booster

• Sponsors (?)

Hey George, welcome to Stangnet.

I'll move you're thread over to the Tech section of the '05-'14 subforum. You'll get some help there.

Reactions: 1 user
Why did you replace them and what did you replace them with?
Originally replace the rear brakes cuz they were out put new pads and rotors replace front brakes shortly thereafter because they wore out began having trouble with brake fade so replaced master cylinder and vacuum booster right front caliper was replaced because was not releasing properly the stock OEM caliper this is when the trouble began we have a busted wire in the right rear ABS pigtail I'm assuming either vacuum booster was not properly installed or the caliper was not the right one perverted look identical to the other three replace pads with ceramic and now once car warms up to running temperature approximately 10 to 15 miles brake pedal becomes very hard and brakes begin to apply and will not release eventually car will no longer go once you shut down the vehicle wait 10 minutes the brakes release on their own my question is is there a possibility that an error was committed installing the brake booster? Also can the ABS module cause a problem if it is not functioning properly for instance the debt broken wire shorted out the modules brain appreciate your response I heard somewhere something about a check valve in the booster where is this located Siri help will be greatly appreciated FYI took to a Ford dealership for Diagnostics they claim they couldn't find anything wrong with the brakes. Look forward to hearing from you thank you.