Bullitt suspension..worth it for a nice drop?

modu1ar tek

Sep 15, 2003
I want to give my car a nice conservative drop. Nothing too much that'll cause problems, but just something to give it a nicer stance and to get rid of the gap. I looked at gefracing and they have the entire bullitt package w/shocks and struts for 399.00. Seems like a good deal, but im afraid it's not going to really drop the car. I def. want to get shocks after I drop it...so what do you guys suggest I do?

• Sponsors (?)

Yeah, I am happy with it, I didn't require offset rack bushing, CC plates or any other additional stuff which made it very economical, I've had no trouble aligning the car a couple times after install, too.

The ride is better than stock, but I doubt it's what you'd get from actual lowering springs. Not being slammed to the ground definately has it's advantages, I never scrape and long trips don't kill my kidneys. I was going for drivability with my car and I think the bullitt suspension helped out in that category.

2000GTnoExtras said:
Yeah, I am happy with it, I didn't require offset rack bushing, CC plates or any other additional stuff which made it very economical, I've had no trouble aligning the car a couple times after install, too.

The ride is better than stock, but I doubt it's what you'd get from actual lowering springs. Not being slammed to the ground definately has it's advantages, I never scrape and long trips don't kill my kidneys. I was going for drivability with my car and I think the bullitt suspension helped out in that category.

What improvement did you feel?

It's somewhat more responsive and the lower center of gravity has an effect on cornering. All and all, it's a "slightly better than stock" system. If that's all you're looking for, you won't be disappointed.

If you want to rid yourself of the wheelgap I woundnt go this route because I dont see much of a difference. I have the eibach pro kit and love the stance, but if you want a better ride try the steeda sport springs. I think they drop the car an inch to an inch and a quarter all around.

I never measured, but the shop where I had mine installed sweared it dropped the car more than the 7/8" I said it should've. They estimated "at least a good 1.5" " I dunno about that...
I can snap some pics tomorrow.

GreekStang85 said:
i was thinking of either doing the bullitt suspension, or get the eibach pro kit springs with the tokico 5-way adjustable shocks and struts......................to this day im still debating

I went with the Eibach Pro-kit and noticed an obvious drop. I measured before and after and got just about 1.25" lower all the way around. The ride is a tad stiffer, but very driveable. Didn't need anything else and was cheaper :nice:

other than bullitt suspension I have griggs subframes.. and I had a chance to take my car on a nice windy coastal highway here in Southern California and I was surprised how well it performed.. by no means a hardcore setup, but if you want a mild drop and a fairly stiff handling car without spending much, its definately noticable

wade

that being said, i want coilovers for the rear:)

i also have the bullitt suspension set-up and i really like it. i had the C-springs on my car and i got sick of the harsh ride so i went with the bullitt set-up.The ride ride is perfect and it dropped the car about 1 inch all the way around.stock height was 29 in. from ground to the top of the fenders, C-springs was about 27 in. and the bullitt package is in the middle at 28 in. if the weather is nice tommorrow i will snap some pics for you.

219150_25_full.jpg

I also have the Bullitt suspension....have had it for a while...I am happy with the ride and also happy with the improved handling..I am slightly dissapointed with the drop could of used at least another half inch in the front..the rear is acceptable but if your looking for a good drop then the bullitt springs probably arn't a good choice...here are a few pics...

6357Chad_carwash-med.jpg

6357My_Car_carwash2-med.jpg

6357mycar_street.jpg

I have more if you want em :banana:

ChadS98GT said:
I also have the Bullitt suspension....have had it for a while...I am happy with the ride and also happy with the improved handling..I am slightly dissapointed with the drop could of used at least another half inch in the front..the rear is acceptable but if your looking for a good drop then the bullitt springs probably arn't a good choice...here are a few pics...

6357Chad_carwash-med.jpg

6357My_Car_carwash2-med.jpg

6357mycar_street.jpg

I have more if you want em :banana:

your right, you could have used atleast another 1/2" - 3/4" in the front and maybe a little in the rear too, but it still looks awesome, :nice:

Maybe look into the FRPP B Springs. I just recently lowered mine with these springs and Tokico HP shocks/struts. The ride is acceptable and the stance is nice. Dropped more than expected, approx 1.5 in the front and 1.25 in the rear.
I think total I paid 150 for the springs and 250 fo the shocks struts. I was able to get alligned without CC plates. I did install off-set rack bushings to help out. The car rides good and the handling is 10X better. No bottoming out issues so far.

Attachments

• JPmustang.jpg
    JPmustang.jpg
    76.3 KB · Views: 191
lopony said:
i also have the bullitt suspension set-up and i really like it. i had the C-springs on my car and i got sick of the harsh ride so i went with the bullitt set-up.The ride ride is perfect and it dropped the car about 1 inch all the way around.stock height was 29 in. from ground to the top of the fenders, C-springs was about 27 in. and the bullitt package is in the middle at 28 in. if the weather is nice tommorrow i will snap some pics for you.

One question for you lopony - When you had the C-springs did you also swap out the shocks/struts for something else? I've heard several people complain that the C springs were too harsh, and then they went with a Bullitt setup and were happy. The thing that I find strange is that the Bullitt springs are 600 lb/in in the front and 250 lbs/in in the rear, and the C-springs are 650 front and 200-300 rear (progressive). Compared to the stock rates of 450 and 210, the C springs are only a touch firmer than the Bullitts.

Thats why I'm guessing you used stock struts/shocks with the C springs which gave you a harsh ride??? The stock struts/shocks aren't a good match but the Tokico HPs seem to be. (the Bullitt struts/shocks are essentially Tokico HPs)

edit - I ask this because I think Santa is bringing C springs. :banana: