Buying throttle body - what all do I need?

• Sponsors (?)

Just buy a 70mm accufab throttle body. They're like $260 for the throttle body and egr spacer. they're a direct bolt in but you should port match the intake manifold to match the size of the throttle body to flow the air better. Don't forget to readjust your TPS after the install.

yea a 65mm is for mildly modified engines but you can still have heads, cam, and intake and still be pumping out alot of power with a 65mm tb. my friend is doing it but without the cam.

TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) It's the electronic device on top of the throttle body. It's black, has two screws holding it down and has 3 wires coming off from it.

You adjust it but doing the following:

1-Turn key in ON position, but engine off.
2-Place POS Multimeter lead on Green, NEG lead on black. (you will have to go through the insulation obviously)
3-Loosen screws and rotate TPS sensor in order to get as close to .99 as possible without going over. .95 is fine.
4-Tighten screws back down.

To get a high reading, close to .99 you might have to elongate the holes in the TPS sensor using a file or small drill bit. It's plastic so be gentle.

Fox Saleen 163 said:
TPS (Throttle Position Sensor) It's the electronic device on top of the throttle body. It's black, has two screws holding it down and has 3 wires coming off from it.

You adjust it but doing the following:

1-Turn key in ON position, but engine off.
2-Place POS Multimeter lead on Green, NEG lead on black. (you will have to go through the insulation obviously)
3-Loosen screws and rotate TPS sensor in order to get as close to .99 as possible without going over. .95 is fine.
4-Tighten screws back down.

To get a high reading, close to .99 you might have to elongate the holes in the TPS sensor using a file or small drill bit. It's plastic so be gentle.
Is that absolutly nessasery when getting a new tb?

willys, yes it is necessary, since you have to swap over the tps to the new throttle body. If it is not set correctly, you could be losing a good amount of power. FoxSaleen is right on about how to adjust it. Mine is somewhere around .97, which I set when I put in my 65mm tb. Also, I would stay with a 65mm for your mild combo colemanitis.

Chris

5.0GT said:
willys, yes it is necessary, since you have to swap over the tps to the new throttle body. If it is not set correctly, you could be losing a good amount of power. FoxSaleen is right on about how to adjust it. Mine is somewhere around .97, which I set when I put in my 65mm tb. Also, I would stay with a 65mm for your mild combo colemanitis.

Chris
You see,it pays to ask questions!I asked a half dozen people if it is just a bolt on,without having to do anything else,they all said yup,just take the old one off and put the new one on!HAA

You'll need a regular voltmeter to adjust it. Sometimes you may need to open up the two holes in the TPS to get the right reading.
I ran a 70mm Accufab on a near stock (gt-40, 76mm C&L, 24's, 1.7RR, headers) with no problems. I swapped it out for a 65mm and noticed no significant changes.
Accufab makes the Best quality, best performing, and best looking TBs and spacers out there.
ACCUFAB gets my vote...

1Stang2Go said:
You'll need a regular voltmeter to adjust it. Sometimes you may need to open up the two holes in the TPS to get the right reading.
I ran a 70mm Accufab on a near stock (gt-40, 76mm C&L, 24's, 1.7RR, headers) with no problems. I swapped it out for a 65mm and noticed no significant changes.
Accufab makes the Best quality, best performing, and best looking TBs and spacers out there.
ACCUFAB gets my vote...
Is there a need for the spacer?

First of all, you need to stop listening to people who tell you anything less than 70mm is a waste of money! A 65mm TB will support 400 N/A horsepower and most of the people on this board that tell you to "run a 70mm or nothing else" aren't making anywhere near that. Not to mention that you can re-use your stock spacer by boring it to 67mm to use with the 65mm TB where you have to buy a new one with a 70mm. The only think you're going to gain by going to a larger throttle body than that right now is a dent in your wallet.