Can anyone explain the art of gutting cats?

nickthegenius

Dec 23, 2002
Elwood, IN
What is a good method for gutting cats? I'm actually not doing this to my 'Stang because I already have LTs and o/r pipe. I'm just curious how this is done.

Also, does any one know where to by converter shells? I am interested in having a pair of shells welded to my offroad pipe just in case I would ever get pulled over and they used a mirror to look under the car.

As far as I know, it's a long and labored process involving expert hand-eye co-ordination and extreme patience.

Here are the steps..

1) Take a long steel bar and stick it down the cat
2) Bash it around till all the insides fall out

Voila!!

Riley

hehe - I hear ya ...

I have long tubes - Offroad H ....... and I welded in shells after I bashed the hell out of them - LOL

Just what you are looking to do right????

The first reply was VERY accurate. The only exeption is to get 2 of your friends to do it for you - in 90 degree heat - haha - that's what I did. Well, that's how it worked out anyway.

Don't do it on your driveway - do it on the street because you DO need to hit it VERY hard and VERY long.

It took them about 2 hrs to do both taking turns back and forth.

Hope that helps!

Actually, what I am wanting to do is gut the cat on my daily driver. The milage has taken a dump, but it has been tuned up and has a new MAF, O2, etc. It also revs slower than it used to so I think the cat is partially plugged. It runs good otherwise.

I suppose you could be correct .....

Oh, BTW - they used a pipe and a hammer. That was very helpful.

AhhhhhhhhhHaHaHaHaHa. I just got coffee everywhere.