cant make up my mind on the upcoming mods

hey to all

i can make my mind up, i want to do some more mods but dont know what
i got 600 but will have 7 soon. just gonna see if any one has some ideas

car is used mostly on the street, make about 1 trip to the track in the summer and drive it as a daily driver in the summer

current mods consist of:

cobra intake
75 mm maf
fresh tune up with the usual stuff
a/c delete
underdrive pulleys
strange 8 way shocks
70 mm t/b
aluminum d/s
pro 5.0 shifter
motor mounts by prothane
3.55 gears

thinking of maybe a msd box, electric fan, and maybe some cobra roller rockers:SNSign:

• Sponsors (?)

those mods are cool, but they wont make you any faster. (not noticably anyway)
depending how you drive your car, you may want to look into gears.. 3.73 will drop you a .10 or two, 4.10's even more.

upgrade you cam to something more aggressive, theres another couple of tenths, and get yourself a decent set of heads, and then you'll be rocking.

you can find 8.8 gears on ebay for under $100.
Good luck!

What do you have for exhaust? The msd box won't do crap except give you an adjustable rev limiter if you get the 6al. The electric fan would be a good addition, but probably not your best choice at this point. The rockers aren't worth it either. I would go with the subframe connectors, control arms, and maybe some good shocks if you can afford it all. You pretty much have all the bolt ons done, so without getting into the heads, cam, etc. there's not much else you can do for cheap.

those mods are cool, but they wont make you any faster. (not noticably anyway)
depending how you drive your car, you may want to look into gears.. 3.73 will drop you a .10 or two, 4.10's even more.

The subframes/control arms will make him quicker at the track, and if he's like most people, will love the way his car feels after the install of subframe connectors.
3.73's/4.10's won't be much (if any) of an improvement over his 3.55's either.

And to the original poster, after suspension work, your money would be best spent on some heads.

You didnt mention what you had for an exhaust system?? I would say longtubes and a matching short pipe would be worth it. I would agree that roller rockers arent worth your time right now, but the e-fan is a great idea. I was amazed at how much tighter my car felt after the subframes and i would recommend them to anyone. They are cheap and effective. Control arms are a good way to get better traction at the track and more predictable launches and handling on the street. Make sure you get cont. arms with 3 piece bushings like MM. good luck man...lots of bolts ons still out there for you.

thanks for all the posts
:SNSign:

currently its got the stock exhaust(mostly because its winter here in missori)but as soon as march or april gets here the work begins, i have a set of bbk longtubes, and some new mufflers, my dad runs the muffler shop so were just gonna make an x pipe.

i also have a set of gt40's, but i bought them for my 91 and havent had time to get them on it yet, plus i dont drive the car to much since i painted it mostly due to the fact the its only got 54,230 miles on it.

as for my green 92 i dont know what i want to due. i might see about a set of heads at the swap meet in april.

heard any bad news on the power products throttle bodies? i thought about getting another 70mm one so that i can put this one back on my 91

ive also been thinking about a cam
help me make that choice e303 or b303
i can decide

thanks to all:SNSign: ers

I agree the suspension mods would probably be your best bet ... then buy a nitrous kit and spray a small shot at it!

That aside, I disagree with what that guy said about the MSD box. It's always a good investment to have a hotter spark = more horsepower! Add a coil to the list too .... then a properly matched set of heads and cam.

With a set of heads like GT40's, I'd say just stick with the stock cam. If the heads are worked, or you end up going with some nice aluminum heads, I'd consider switching. The factory cam is one thing Ford got right with the 5.0

I agree the suspension mods would probably be your best bet ... then buy a nitrous kit and spray a small shot at it!

That aside, I disagree with what that guy said about the MSD box. It's always a good investment to have a hotter spark = more horsepower! Add a coil to the list too .... then a properly matched set of heads and cam.

Like I said, the msd box, or a coil won't do crap.

It sounds like you have a nice exhaust setup. Throw the heads on there and a mild cam. I'd go with the TFS stage 1 for your setup, the e or b cams aren't the best choice anymore. I'm assuming you mean "Proffesional Products" throttle body? I heard they're junk, but have no experience with them.

A strong and hot spark = more horsepower and a better running engine there genius. Especially as other modifications are made. And that's a fact. :nice:
Yeah, it's great theory by msd that gets people like you to buy their stuff when you don't need it. There's much better ways to spend that much money on a bolt on car. You have your 1hp for $300, and I'll buy something worthwile.

A strong and hot spark = more horsepower and a better running engine there genius. Especially as other modifications are made. And that's a fact. :nice:

A stronger spark will only help if for some reason the stock stuff is having issues sparking...You aren't going to run in to that issue on an engine like this, because it is relatively low compression and has no forced induction, so there is very little cylinder pressure restricting the spark...An MSD won't do **** on his car except let him add an extra mod to his mod list at this point...