Chevy guy looking to get into a GT...need your help

Good luck with the trade. I would have to agree with mob though, ditch the tint and wheels but everything else looks ok. I know a little of the history of the Vette that you are trading and I know it's a really nice car (I frequent the other forum myself under the same screen name).

• Sponsors (?)

:drool: thats a nasty looking vette, id keep it :D haha but honestly I bet the mustang is just as good and just as fast, like you said your trying to save some money on parts, and youll never have to take it to a shop since you can do all the work yourself. And honestly I dont see that mustang needing anything else minus, wheels, and maybe little stuff that might mess up like starter, fuel pump, those dumb little things. Good luck!

Sounds like a good deal. The motor he put in that car is not an all out monster but will deffinatly be a blast to drive, kick some @$$ on the street and give you miles and miles of reliable horse power.
The rims, tint and other stuff can be eaisly changed so if you dont like it make it go away. Car has a good stance to it and fromthe sounds of it has had recent high quality parts installed.
I say go for it, I hate the 4th gen Vettes but thats just me. If the car is as clean as your Vette looks i say go for it

Let us know how it all goes down

is your vette stock? vettes have proven that they hold their value very well over time. I would get it appraised before you do a straight trade. I think your car is likely worth more than his.

if i were paying cash i woul give the guy 6500 tops. I am not sure how good you are mechanically, but you could find a clean body and put in a motor with a lot more power.

BUT, that looks very nice, and the FRPP motor will be very reliable! With the 373's in the rear and about 280rwhp that thing will be a blast to drive on the street. And once you get bored just start building another motor on the side. My buddies vette was nothing but problems either (ended in a car fire).

the car itself looks like a very solid platform to start with.

Welcome......It sounds like a decent deal with quality parts and low miles now:). Just get some pics of the install with copies of the reciepts like mentioned above. Nothing helps with the sale of the car like that stuff.

Edit...In the long run the value gap of each car is gonna widen. Vettes tend to hold a good value over time.

That vette will definately hold more value, but i doubt your in it for the investment lol.

The mustang will give you the same type of fun, but will be way more cheap to fix and mod....more cash for the cosmetic things usually..

If the mustang looks clean, then i say go for it. Make yourself a better mustang than the vette could ever be.

thats what a 5.0 will do to you... even when i get into my 3100 v6 im high tailing down the roads listening to the front tires spin a hair... lol the flowmasters sound better in the stang then they do in the grand prix... lol