Chunk Of Platic Missing From Inside Of Cracked Intake Manifold

Kcirtap

Sep 18, 2013
Hello new to the forums. Replacing cracked intake manifold on 2003 GT and inside the thermostat housing area a piece is missing that looks like it broke internally causing the manifold to leak coolant. I cannot find it anywhere. Any recommendations on how to find it. It has to be flowing in the coolant ports somewhere? Any help would be appreciated.

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for the response. I tried that. Also vacuumed all the coolant ports with a 1/2" tubing attached to a shop vac. I think I give up and am reassembling and hoping for the best. Its only a piece about 1/2". Hopefully it broke up. Maybe I'm just overreacting.

Did your intake look something like this?

xgin1z.jpg

I didn't even think about the little plastic piece and didn't go looking for it. That was last Christmas, no problems whatsoever :shrug:

Yep that's what it looked like. I just tend to have bad luck. If I don't try to find it I know it will bite me later. New intake is on now just need to put some maintenance items on tomorrow and start it up. I think I'm over it and will pretend its not in there. Thanks guys!