Clicking noise coming from front wheel when moving

• Sponsors (?)

Actually I had the same problem and I took it to Ford and its a bad part they put on the car. Its nothing major and realy wont do any damage. They will replace it for free but the parts on back order because alot of the car are making that sound and I guess nobody likes having there car sound like a pice of s**t when turning. Ive been wating for about a month to get mine fixed. So I would take it to ford and get it ordered if you what to get rid of the sound. I dont remember what the part was but Ford will know what you are talking about.

Good luck :nice:

I too have this noise just started making it about 4 weeks ago whenever i hit bumps is when i hear it the most and yes I have to be driving next to a wall or something so it will bounce back at me and i can hear it

I think I found it! Don't know much about under the car stuff but right behind the lower wheel area there is a rubber bushing which I believe is the CV joint (it's connected to a rod with an accordion style rubber housing on the other end away from the wheel. Well this rubber housing is cracked. Are there bearings in here and would that cause the clicking noise? Also, would anyone know the part number or what to ask for if this is the part I need to replace. Thanks

I think I found it! Don't know much about under the car stuff but right behind the lower wheel area there is a rubber bushing which I believe is the CV joint (it's connected to a rod with an accordion style rubber housing on the other end away from the wheel. Well this rubber housing is cracked. Are there bearings in here and would that cause the clicking noise? Also, would anyone know the part number or what to ask for if this is the part I need to replace. Thanks

Yes, CV joints are a front wheel drive thing. They do look similar to what he is seeing though so it is an understandable mistake (not really but it is too early to be harsh...)

Finally went to a shop to get it checked and it was the tie rod boot. I don't know this area of the vehicle too well so thanks for the schooling guys. Learned a lot out of this thread. Dang things are expensive to get here on the German economy, about $50 each. Thanks again

Kilgore Trout said:
Might also be the steering gear. Turn the wheel left to right while stopped, listen for noise. Check power steering fluid.

a bran new car will make noise from the steering gear when you turn the wheel back and forth

and by the way kilgore i put the stockers back on and pulled the plastic hub shims off and it still makes the sound so don't knock my wheels. but granted i'm still pissed that i need them in order for them to fit right

well after more searching for what it was still no luck. but i have found that it seems to pretty much only do it when the car is warmed up. but once it is warm i can stop and then just push on the fender to make the suspention travel and it will pop all night long. right now i'm leaning towards wheel barrings. but i hate having a car make noises like that, it imbarrasing. well if anyone else has any luck let me know. but i dont' think its the ball joint or outer tie rod cause i have steeda x2's i put on not long ago and steeda bumpsteer kit.