Cobra brakes frt an bk can i do half at a time?

nickyb

I gotta say i never painted my nuts, Never Ever
15 Year Member
Apr 3, 2009
nevada
Hello , got all parts for upgrade to my dd to upgrade brakes.just need rims and tires as 16's won't clear the 13 inch rotors upfrt. I am wondering if it's possible to do frt or bk first and then next weekend do other?this is my daily and just trying to min down time.any thoughts?

• Sponsors (?)

YeS.

Do the front and drive with rear drums on the stock MC/booster

Next weekend do rear disk, MC and booster and prop valve mods

Save parking brake for another day

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks ,I was thinking along those lines but also doing master and booster.

You can do the booster, but you don't want to install a 4-wheel disk MC with rear drums. Pedal will be very hard.

The stock MC can operate the front cobra brakes. The surface area of the caliper pistons between the front 60mm calipers and the cobra calipers is pretty similar, therefor no MC change needed for just the fronts

Booster swap is a project in itself. 2-3 hours or so just for that

You can do the booster, but you don't want to install a 4-wheel disk MC with rear drums. Pedal will be very hard.

The stock MC can operate the front cobra brakes. The surface area of the caliper pistons between the front 60mm calipers and the cobra calipers is pretty similar, therefor no MC change needed for just the fronts

Booster swap is a project in itself. 2-3 hours or so just for that
A cobra/sn cylinder is fine with drums. Been running that way for a decade. Even ran it withe the stock booster for a year or two, that sucked a bit but with the right booster it's awesome.