Cobra III rims? Too Ricy? Pic

moneypit94

May 23, 2003
Macomb, IL
I emailed this company about some chrome 03 cobra wheels. They sent me info on some chrome Cobra III rims. If they are light enough im tempted in buying them... These are 17x9 and 17x10.5 for the rear...

I know you guys are probably going to flame me for liking them...

What do you guys think, honestly... don't hold back either...

Attachments

• Cobra3.JPG
    Cobra3.JPG
    8.6 KB · Views: 318
  • Sponsors (?)

Those would look HOT on a black car. I think the more conservative types will balk at them, but who cares. I have long been coveting a set of 18 inch black bullitts with the polished lip for my black stang, but those are even nicer. If I wasn't in school I would probly pick them up... the deep lip is mint, plus they will hide our smallish rotors and calipers. Not to mention nobody else is running them!

edit for spelling

Just got off the phone with them... 25 lbs for the front wheels and 27 for the rears...

Is that bad? I don't remember how much my 03's weighed but they seemed heavier then that..

Im really thinking about buying them... (today actually, help conveince me to go one way or the other...)

Here is the deal... they ain't "rice" since they are copies of the halibrand race wheels that came on the original shelby cobra's. But, most importantly, they are for YOUR car, if YOU like them, get them.

I am not so sure about what makes a car ricey.. heck mine might be ricey to someone.

well its either these wheels or a set of chrome mach1's.. Which i finally found with 10.5" wide for the rears...

But the idea of being different is what is pushing me towards these cobra III's.

If I don't blow my motor up tomorrow on the dyno i will probably be ordering some of these wheels shortly...

I figured I had better wait just in case before i put down money on a motorless stang... lol