Coolant problem '03 Cobra

I recently noticed that my coolant is overflowing through the cap. its not an overfill problem, nor does my temp gauge show the car overheating. Is it possible that the thermostat is stuck? What else could be the problem? I am fixing to install a 2.8" blower pulley and tune, but I want to make sure I take care of the problem before I do so. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

VetteKilla03 said:
I recently noticed that my coolant is overflowing through the cap. its not an overfill problem, nor does my temp gauge show the car overheating. Is it possible that the thermostat is stuck? What else could be the problem? I am fixing to install a 2.8" blower pulley and tune, but I want to make sure I take care of the problem before I do so. Any suggestions would be great. Thanks

I wouldn't trust that temp gauge! You haven't recently had your cooling system taken apart or disconnected for anything by chance have you? Reason I ask is other people have had trouble completely "burping" their system and getting all the air out. Air pockets in the cooling system can cause the problem you are having...

U.M.

Is the coolant coming from your overflow resevoir or from your radiator cap proper?

My '99 Cobra had that problem. The coolant would come out of the overflow resevoir and the coolant light would come on. It was not a large leak, but the overflow tank seemed to be the problem. The solution was to replace the entire resevoir. That fixed my problem.

:flag: :nice: