Couple Hours Boosted!

Detroiit

May 27, 2014
Detroit MI.
Well Iv'e logged a couple driving hours now with my boosted 90 mustang. (V3 Si tuner kit) All I can say is WOW what a difference 9#s of boost and 461 rwhp makes. GEEZ! At this time I cant get into boost in 1st or 2nd gear. Way to sketchy. "Almost" lost it 1 time and that's the last time till I get some capable tires. Half throttle at 3k rpm in 2nd gear (forget about 1st gear) and I'm sideways. (3.55 gears) 3rd gear and I can tell it wants to break the tires loose. I am thinking I need some suspension upgrades to.. this car is VIOLENT!

AND I LOVE IT...

Does that make me weird?!@

• Sponsors (?)

It is alot of fun! I'm about to increase the fun factor just a tad. I picked up this little 8" gem a couple weeks ago:nice:
IMG_20140813_150549_245-1.jpg

Reactions: 1 user
Generally about how much hp does the 9 #s of boost give? I ask because my N/A combo must of been somewhere around 330ish hp to net me 461 hp with boost? Just wondering if I can "assume" what my pre boost rwhp might of been.

Well Iv'e logged a couple driving hours now with my boosted 90 mustang. (V3 Si tuner kit) All I can say is WOW what a difference 9#s of boost and 461 rwhp makes. GEEZ! At this time I cant get into boost in 1st or 2nd gear. Way to sketchy. "Almost" lost it 1 time and that's the last time till I get some capable tires. Half throttle at 3k rpm in 2nd gear (forget about 1st gear) and I'm sideways. (3.55 gears) 3rd gear and I can tell it wants to break the tires loose. I am thinking I need some suspension upgrades to.. this car is VIOLENT!

AND I LOVE IT...

Does that make me weird?!@

nope, doesnt make you weird at all.

Generally about how much hp does the 9 #s of boost give? I ask because my N/A combo must of been somewhere around 330ish hp to net me 461 hp with boost? Just wondering if I can "assume" what my pre boost rwhp might of been.

since your boost is about .5 atmosphere, you can usually expect an increase of about 50% power wise at peak power. for instance if your engine was making 250hp and you added 8psi boost, the net result would be around 325hp. so your estimation of 330 normally aspirated hp is about right.

All these threads with forced induction is really really making me want some boost. I'm tired of the juice. Guess I got the "bottle blues"(different than the standard "bottle blues" I used to have going home alone at closing time!)

How can you use boost to reference potential HP numbers? You could run 20 psi on crap heads and 6 psi on great heads and net similar numbers (in some cases)... Boost is technically resistance to flow, is it not?

Reactions: 3 users
Curious about how those 4 bolts hold up to 9+ pounds of boost. You guys running ARP bolts or similar in that thing?
I have ARP bolts holding down the heads if that's your question. That 8" crank pulley should get me around 3 more psi. My car averaged 15rwhp per pound of boost so 3 more psi should put mine well into the low to mid 500's
Yep that can split a block and/or finish off my poor,ailing T5. LOL

I have ARP bolts holding down the heads if that's your question. That 8" crank pulley should get me around 3 more psi. My car averaged 15rwhp per pound of boost so 3 more psi should put mine well into the low to mid 500's
Yep that can split a block and/or finish off my poor,ailing T5. LOL
He means the lower pulley I think bolts I just have Allen head with blue lock tite on mine