Crazy Rays Boneyard

• Sponsors (?)

I need to get out there and snatch a left front control arm.... Mine got bent today. Smh

The white vert still has the control arms. Spindles are already gone so all you gotta do is cut the stabilizer link and take cover when the spring pops out. Oh, you gotta take out the lower control arm bolts too. That can be a pain, they get stuck in there pretty good.

How’d you bend you control arm? Sure nothing else is tweeted? Takes a good hit to bend a control arm

Mud flaps? Seriously?
I got a set of 'curb feelers' from like the sixties if you want. :nice:

Listen here chum, I’m an odd ball to many I admit. But I like the look of the factory splash guards. Still got them on my 92. I want a set for my 93. Can’t believe everyone tossed them out!

73836F2A-D559-4C35-9303-5255728F8549.jpeg

9731C8D3-5976-454B-B361-67E50AE3175F.jpeg
A3FFFF63-6816-485E-A013-1BA0D4F5CB23.jpeg
818E4051-1168-42F4-A6F4-339676087033.jpeg

Reactions: 1 user
The white vert still has the control arms. Spindles are already gone so all you gotta do is cut the stabilizer link and take cover when the spring pops out. Oh, you gotta take out the lower control arm bolts too. That can be a pain, they get stuck in there pretty good.

How’d you bend you control arm? Sure nothing else is tweeted? Takes a good hit to bend a control arm

I was out yesterday morning....and...eh em...hit a curb ( long story short ). Smh

Guess that's one down fall of rack limiters....I didn't have enough room to catch it. OK....OK....I lost it....

The k member may be tweaked...everything else is OK.

Did you get out there again yet? I need the factory x brace for k member to unibody from the convertible. If you go, let me know if there’s one on the white car.

OK I will. I can't get out that way until Saturday or Sunday. I'll check for you when I go.

I was out yesterday morning....and...eh em...hit a curb ( long story short ). Smh

Guess that's one down fall of rack limiters....I didn't have enough room to catch it. OK....OK....I lost it....

The k member may be tweaked...everything else is OK.
Better ask Dave..I'm gonna say that if you took a side impact hard enough to tweak the K member, you'll probably have ancillary frame damage.
Huh Dave? @Davedacarpainter

Better ask Dave..I'm gonna say that if you took a side impact hard enough to tweak the K member, you'll probably have ancillary frame damage.
Huh Dave? @Davedacarpainter

Impact was to the front outside of the wheel. Nothing seems to be tweaked on the frame. The powder coat didn't crack around any of the welds on the k member either. Seems like the rear mounting point for the left front control arm may be tweaked a little ( not sure yet ). Nothing looks, obviously, bent other than the control arm....and that is barely recognizable.

The wheel didn't touch the rear portion of the wheel well liner and the steering wheel is at about 1 o'clock....instead of 12.

I went back again. Turns out the car is an 88. So, the bumper mount impact absorbers don’t fit a 93.

I need them for a 90-93. Anybody have a pair they are willing to sell me? Here’s what I need a pair of.

F72FF9CF-FB40-493A-A78E-2BAAE820E936.png

I scored bumper mounts on Craigslist. Got the mounts, all hardware and oem bumper reinforcement for $50

Now I have two spare bumper reinforcements for sale. $30 each

Reactions: 1 user