Custom Order Question

AK-74

Aug 9, 2015
I've ordered 2015 GT at local dealership two months ago (deep impact blue color, performance package, Recaro seats and parking sensors; nothing else). Dealer gave me order number but Ford custom order tracking system could not find it. I called dealer several times to get an idea about order progress and delivery time frame but they keep telling me that they don't have information yet. Last time they told me that order will be converted to 2016 model year order and I should wait a month until they get more details. They promised delivery in 12-16 weeks started from order time but I'm getting suspicious since order was not even added to Ford database yet.

Had anyone tried to order new Mustang recently? How long the process took and how smooth was it?
Should I wait for additional couple of months or I better cancel that order and try my luck somewhere else?

• Sponsors (?)

My uneducated guess is that Ford is no longer taking orders for 2015 model year. It is kinda late in the year for 15 orders. Your order will probably be filled with a 2016 model year vehicle. 2016 vehicles may be just starting production. Keep at the dealership to receive your new 16 or get your money back.

My vote is for getting the 16. You might get all the new updates like the nifty little turn signals in the hood. Kinda minor but hey if they honor your original price/deal, maybe you'll get some extras you didn't have to pay for.

This is what's happening to all those people who ordered 15 Hellcat's only to be told their order couldn't be completed. They have to get in on the 16's now.

I'm OK with 2016 model as long as dealer honor price deal negotiated for 2015 model. My biggest concern is order execution time since Ford tracking system does not know about it yet and dealer keeps telling me "wait another month for more information" third month in a row.

I ordered mine back around February. They never could tell me where it was, or a decent estimated guess on when it was going to arrive. I called on a Monday, around the 7-8 week time frame, and they didn't know when it was coming. Then they called me up later that same day and said it had arrived, haha.