danielhv 87 microsquirt project

Sep 6, 2018
Forney, TX
For things like those you dont want to look at one instance, you want to use the entire log file. Transient events can cause the o2 to read strange numbers.

Try using the histogram to point out fuel issues over large areas.

like this.
Ok, I pulled this up in MLVHD, and I'm starring at it trying to figure out what this is telling me..... Here are my assumptions:

The color is how "often" the car was operating in that range, so dark green was where I was most of the time, light yellow was just for a second or so....
The number is how high or low on average my AFR was vs AFR target? So at 1600rpm at 100kpa, I averaged a full 2.75 points lean vs my target AFR?

Capture.JPG

• Sponsors (?)

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
Yes. Your thinking is correct. If you were to swap the afr and afr target parameters you would see +2.75 in that field showing that you are 2.75 afr points above target.

Sep 6, 2018
Forney, TX
Ok, I'm still working on the fuel table... but is there a way to smooth out the idle a little during warm up? It's fluctuating quite a bit. I'll come back and fine tune the warm up, but just want to make it a little more stable at the moment. I've tinkered with the ASE, ASE Taper, and the CL Idle Target RPM, but can't seem to get it to pick an RPM and hang out there lol.

When it starts up, it idles around my normal idle rpm for a few seconds, then jumps up to like 1400 rpm for 6 or 7 seconds, then starts fluctuating. It stops fluctuating as soon as the car hits 140* CLT, which is also when the CL Idle RPM tapers off.

Log attached

Attachments

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
your idle sett
Ok, I'm still working on the fuel table... but is there a way to smooth out the idle a little during warm up? It's fluctuating quite a bit. I'll come back and fine tune the warm up, but just want to make it a little more stable at the moment. I've tinkered with the ASE, ASE Taper, and the CL Idle Target RPM, but can't seem to get it to pick an RPM and hang out there lol.

When it starts up, it idles around my normal idle rpm for a few seconds, then jumps up to like 1400 rpm for 6 or 7 seconds, then starts fluctuating. It stops fluctuating as soon as the car hits 140* CLT, which is also when the CL Idle RPM tapers off.

Log attached
look at this,
danielhv idle issues.PNG

As soon as the Idle advanced adaptive timing kicks in your set and the car settles in. I bet you have it set to turn on at 140*.

Have you worked on the startup idle settings??
--whats the start to run taper time?
-- set the activation settings?

Your root cause is the timing swing [spk: spark advance] this needs to be mitigated to eliminate the oscillation with other settings.

Sep 6, 2018
Forney, TX
Yes Idle advanced adaptive timing is set to turn on at 140.

I just tinkered with the settings when I first started trying to get the car running. Tried to follow the manual, but not all of it is applicable to my car, so I guessed on some of it. :/

If Start to Run Taper Time is the same as Crank to Run Taper Time, I have it set at 9.0 seconds.
Activation Settings:

1538797922488.png

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
simple solution for you to help kickstart the CL idle process.

change the temp that the idle advance control starts to something lower. This will help, but you still need to work out the other issues you have with the surging idle.

Sep 6, 2018
Forney, TX
another short run around the block today now that weather has finally cleared up a little. At what point am I safe to proceed to working on accel enrichment? I'm not certain how "clean" of a histogram I should be expecting.

Attachments

a91what

SendMeUrDataLog
Mod Dude
Apr 6, 2011
Hillsborough county
that looks fine, when tuning the accel enrichment you want to make the car responsive. tune for a crisp throttle response, ignore whatever the wideband is saying during the enrichment pulse. the car is likely going to be very rich 11ish AFR during the enrichment pulse but this is what a crispy throttle needs.