DD and Fox replacement

LaserSVT

Got FB banned again for saying nards
Founding Member
Nov 29, 1999
  • Sponsors (?)

Thats how it came from the factory. I dont know if that causes enough restriction to hurt HP, but I would rather have the chasis stiffining.

Thats normal...Thats exactly how my 97 Cobra was too. I would rather have the strut tower brace myself....

heres a pic

Picture112.jpg

Attachments

• Picture112.jpg
    Picture112.jpg
    119.8 KB · Views: 68
It actually really doesn't help. It's why Ford eventually deleted the brace from later model GT's and Cobras

taken from the maximum motorsports site.

The MM Strut Tower Brace will make your car's handling more stable and predictable by stiffening the front portion of the chassis. Our unique strut tower brace design provides a load path between the two individual strut towers and between each strut tower and the firewall. This keeps the strut towers from moving relative to each other. Flexing of the strut towers, both fore/aft and side-to-side, causes unpredictable handling because the flexing causes alignment changes and a lack of roll coupling. A MM Strut Tower Brace will prevent the alignment from changing during hard braking and cornering. An additional benefit of increased chassis rigidity from the strut tower brace is a reduction in firewall and dashboard vibration, metal fatigue, and noise. Ford finally recognized the benefits and started installing strut tower braces beginning with the 1994 models.

taken from the maximum motorsports site.

The MM Strut Tower Brace will make your car's handling more stable and predictable by stiffening the front portion of the chassis. Our unique strut tower brace design provides a load path between the two individual strut towers and between each strut tower and the firewall. This keeps the strut towers from moving relative to each other. Flexing of the strut towers, both fore/aft and side-to-side, causes unpredictable handling because the flexing causes alignment changes and a lack of roll coupling. A MM Strut Tower Brace will prevent the alignment from changing during hard braking and cornering. An additional benefit of increased chassis rigidity from the strut tower brace is a reduction in firewall and dashboard vibration, metal fatigue, and noise. Ford finally recognized the benefits and started installing strut tower braces beginning with the 1994 models.

And then took em off after the 1997 model year. 4 year run of them. Besides, that statement is really more of a marketing statement vs an engineering statement. I want to see the reason why it was added and then removed from a Ford engineer, not something written by someone from marketing trying to sell you on the idea of buying a STB from them.

It's been talked about plenty of the 4.6L boards. VEry few people run aftermarket strut tower braces. Those who had them on the 94-97's take them off and notice no difference and leave them off.

we'll never know why ford decided to discontinue there factory stb, maybe it was the svo team?
could be it didn't work not say it did or didn't, but then again it could be because it cost ford a couple of buck to buy and install and a couple of buck have the mechanics remove it when they had to work on certain parts of the engine.
ford itself is more worried about money than they are about how one of the cars handle imo.

we'll never know why ford decided to discontinue there factory stb, maybe it was the svo team?
could be it didn't work not say it did or didn't, but then again it could be because it cost ford a couple of buck to buy and install and a couple of buck have the mechanics remove it when they had to work on certain parts of the engine.
ford itself is more worried about money than they are about how one of the cars handle imo.

+1

I just put mine back on yesterday. I never noticed a difference with or without it..BUT...All I know is the first time I took it off, the towers dropped a little bit, and when I went to reinstall it, some of the holes didn't line up. All I did was turn all them in by hand, lifting hte bar up on the two holes that didn't line up, then tightened them in sequence. It must do something, even if it is at a mininum.