Detroit Area Mustang guys

I think Ive decided that Im not gonna add any more mods to my car. Ive got this growing itch to build a dedicated race car. No interior, full cage, spool.. The works. Thinking a 79 Notchback with one of those new Motown 454 sbc motors. I think the chassis place that built my cage could build me a K-Member that was built for a small chevy. I really just dont like Ford small blocks and I think a 2nd + gen camaro would be too heavy. 1st gen camaros are just horribly expensive. Im in no way a purist heh.

• Sponsors (?)

Dale Royster said:
Yeah thats my car. You cant miss it, My license plate says CBRAKLR. Ive got a big silver Ford decal in the center of my rear window. Was that you parked next to me?? I think Doogz was the Laser Red Cobra next to the black GT that was next to me.

No that was my buddie. I was next to him. My buddie had black mach 1 rims. I had chrome cobra r's.

Jo_885o said:
No that was my buddie. I was next to him. My buddie had black mach 1 rims. I had chrome cobra r's.

Yea that would of been me. Dale thats the first time i've seen your car run.....GOOD STUFF :nice:

Dale, i say go for it. I always like to see a unique combo. Just keep the body a STANG. Do whatever you gotta do to go the speed you want motor wise.

BTW, the donut shop is on the corner of Telegraph rd. and Joy rd.

nmcgrawj said:
Yea that would of been me. Dale thats the first time i've seen your car run.....GOOD STUFF :nice:

Dale, i say go for it. I always like to see a unique combo. Just keep the body a STANG. Do whatever you gotta do to go the speed you want motor wise.

BTW, the donut shop is on the corner of Telegraph rd. and Joy rd.

If your up there again and you see me say hi. Tho I might be there late friday, I might try to go to Milan if I can muster the gas money for my Ranger to pull it up there heh. Vacation is nice but Im already out of money!

Dale Royster said:
If your up there again and you see me say hi. Tho I might be there late friday, I might try to go to Milan if I can muster the gas money for my Ranger to pull it up there heh. Vacation is nice but Im already out of money!

Whats happenin at milan on friday? Ive never made that trip up there but now my second gear (stock T-5 garbage) is getting a lil sticky so im "grandma shiftin" it.

Yea i dont get down to telegraph until late usually also.

Where do you live at in dearborn hts? Im always in that area at my gf's house. Would be cool to stop by to get a closer look at that beast.

nmcgrawj said:
Whats happenin at milan on friday? Ive never made that trip up there but now my second gear (stock T-5 garbage) is getting a lil sticky so im "grandma shiftin" it.

Yea i dont get down to telegraph until late usually also.

Where do you live at in dearborn hts? Im always in that area at my gf's house. Would be cool to stop by to get a closer look at that beast.

Nothing special going on, just gonna go work on my ET. Id much rather be at the track then out cruising :) Your car got a T-5 in it or are those a T-45?

Its got that weak T-5. I dont even beat on it like others do. Its gotten a rebuild last year by Ford (under warranty) but you know how shady those jobs can be.

Im just gonna save my pennys and opt out for a G-force. I like it cause i can keep my Pro 5.0 and i dont need any special fitament pieces. Any advice? What tranny are you running?

nmcgrawj said:
Its got that weak T-5. I dont even beat on it like others do. Its gotten a rebuild last year by Ford (under warranty) but you know how shady those jobs can be.

Im just gonna save my pennys and opt out for a G-force. I like it cause i can keep my Pro 5.0 and i dont need any special fitament pieces. Any advice? What tranny are you running?

Mines a T45. I Beat on it like it was stolen really and its held up great other then that one time I broke the shift fork. The gears were all perfect when I pulled it apart. The t45 sucks tho because you cant change the bell housing. So my car wont ever be legal for faster then 12.00 until I change transmissions.

I didn't realize PPW (performance parts wharehouse) was based out of our area. I ordered there HUGE book of parts looking for deals for my 351w build. Thats great, no shipping charges.

I might have to keep granny shiftin it until i can save enough to get a G-force or something. Its gonna be hard once i get the motor in it to not beat on it.

nmcgrawj said:
I didn't realize PPW (performance parts wharehouse) was based out of our area. I ordered there HUGE book of parts looking for deals for my 351w build. Thats great, no shipping charges.

I might have to keep granny shiftin it until i can save enough to get a G-force or something. Its gonna be hard once i get the motor in it to not beat on it.

Your think of PAW, its a different place. This shop is in Garden City, its where I buy all my parts from. He can get steeda parts and thats pretty much all Ive used on my car.

nmcgrawj said:
ohhhhhh ok. I got cha. Does that shop have an advertisement in one of the mustang magazines? It sounds so familiar...

I dont think he advertises at all. Its a word of mouth shop pretty much. He has a sign at Milan dragway, but the guys really cool and word travels fast. He knows alot about mustangs and hes helped me out alot.