dmarstrokers progress thread...

• Sponsors (?)

Alright so I got my dad to help me start the rear end (new axles, bearings, drums) on saturday then we managed to get the rear done and ALMOST finished the front today.

dmar364.jpg

dmar365.jpg

first off, thats awesome that your dad helps you do this stuff. just like 25th mustangs dad has that awesome drag fox. its nice to have some help. second off, in the first pic i quoted, what spindles are they? sn-95s right? you probably said it somewhere but i missed it, why are they so clean did you buy them new? where from if so? and the second one i think you can tighten your sway endlink some more, my trw ones dont have that gap in them.

looks great man. awesome stance.

With you 5 lug setup.. I see you used 13" rotors and cobra calipers with drum rears. what booster/master cylinder did you use?

were there a ton of custom parts u needed to make that setup work?

first off, thats awesome that your dad helps you do this stuff. just like 25th mustangs dad has that awesome drag fox. its nice to have some help. second off, in the first pic i quoted, what spindles are they? sn-95s right? you probably said it somewhere but i missed it, why are they so clean did you buy them new? where from if so? and the second one i think you can tighten your sway endlink some more, my trw ones dont have that gap in them.

looks great man. awesome stance.

Yea I still have the stock booster and master cylinder for now. I bought the whole kit from ssbc (stainless steel brake corporation) that came with the spindles, rotors, calipers, drums, hoses, and axles. The spindles are 96+ and they are refurbished ones which look pretty good for being remanufactured.

Alright so last night I hit up the track to see what I could do. I couldnt use my stock 10 holes up front anymore because of the bigger brakes (and 5-lug conversion) so I had the 17's up front and was on 15x7 26x8.5 MT slicks in the rear. My very 1st run I got a 12.42 at 115, didnt get that one on vid, I only got a 1.87 60 footer also. My next run I got a 12.65 at 110. My third run I got a 12.44 at about 111 with a 1.75 60 footer. My dad got a best of 12.3 at 110 in his 1970 chevy long bed pickup, but after that he kept running slower times because his clutch was GONZO, you can tell in the vid he hits the rev limiter quite a bit.

http://videos.streetfire.net/video/Fox-mustang-drag-racing_169930.htm

kind of back from the dead. So a few months ago I drove the stang after it had been sitting for about a yr or so (I would turn it on every 2-3 months) I decided to take it out for a spin then it started to smoke quite a bit, turned out I had a crack in my timing chain gasket so it was leaking coolant. So I decided to get another cam and went with a comp cams xe274hr, slapped that in checked ptv clearance and the valves hit the pistons. Called up trickflow to see what pistons to go with so we wouldnt have this issue again, ordered the correct ones and checked the ptv clearance and the clay wouldnt even a slight mark so we were good on that. Got everything back together and all is good, I also went with a CF dual friction clutch as I was still running a stock clutch from my local auto parts store (which held up decent even running it at the track). I also got the cobra pieces and 2.5 inch cowl hood on all I need is a paint job to make it look halfway decent. Hered a short exhaust clip nothing special I didnt want to rev it that high since I still have to break in the fresh pistons to seat the rings...

YouTube - 347 stroker fox mustang

And here are a few pics how it sits as of right now ...

pics

pics

pics

pics

where did you find a cobra rear bumper that was 1 piece like that? or are all of them that way?

Dang man that sucks, thats always the case though for me though. Every time I have something planned either something comes up or goes wrong. Well at least we got all summer :)

Alright guys so last nite I installed the cobra rear bumper along with the the polished tips and the lx tail light lenses.

dmar329.jpg

dmar328.jpg

dmar327.jpg

I just dropped off the stang at a local mustang shop (blue oval performance) to have them install the steeda upper and lower control arms as well as a maximum motorsport panhard bar.

Lets see your fresh coat of Sonic Blue on that pig! :nice:

How ya been man? havent seen you running around here lately. We should hit up the track this spring soon as it opens.

Lets see your fresh coat of Sonic Blue on that pig! :nice:

How ya been man? havent seen you running around here lately. We should hit up the track this spring soon as it opens.

yea im real eager to get this thing painted. Ive been good thanks the fox has just been sitting for almost a year ever since I got a daily. Im down to hit up the track this spring just let me know when. Hows your beast doin?

GAWD!!! That kit with that stance and those wheels looks T*TS!!!

Thank you :)

this car looks amazing and sounds awesome how much did the ground effect kit cost

Thanks, I got the kit from cervinis about 3 years ago and total with the hood was about 2k.

is cervinis the only ones that make the one piece rear bumper? car looks sick man, cant wait to ee it painted

There are a few companys out there that make them like abc exclusive but from what I've heard and researched the cervinis piece is a quality piece with great fitment as well thats why I went with this brand so I wouldnt have to buy something twice. Just get it the first time and never look back :nice: