Do I need a tune? Guidance....

I have a 5.0 with stock computer upgrades include holley aluminum heads with bigger valves 1.7 rockers a cam cobra intake and 42 lb injectors..... I have no idea what else i need to change to compliment this so it all works correctly

Please advise or let me know what other information i need to provide to get some help thanks!

• Sponsors (?)

Dang, I actually had to look up Morriston, FL.

If I had your car and knew what I knew I'd spend the money on a tune. At the very least you'll learn more about your car and how the parts work together (meaning maximize your combo).

Put the MAF and the injectors on the shelf and keep them for when you decide to add boost. You'll need them.

Meanwhile, 19s, a stock EEC, and matching MAF.

• Agree
Reactions: 1 users
I wish i knew what cam is in it im no sure.... I do know it is not stock. So.... basicly leave it as is or just a simple fuel pressure regulator upgrade and a MAF should do it for me for now? I dont need to use the 42 lb injectors yet if thats the case.

Noobz you mention 19s a stock eec and matching maf? isnt that all stock? Im new to all this so dont hit me to hard lol...

I have been looking into quarterhorse it seems like my best option to tune if i need to.... car currently runs and idles great... Does seem to have a small hiccup when you gas it in the beginning like it needs more air i think but after that its all good

You buy it with those mods?
Read through this thread, it may help you understand when/why a tune is needed:

Last edited:
Yeah I would pull the 42lb injectors and maf and shelf them for later on down the road when you toss more HP at it. You would be fine with 24lb injectors, matching maf of choice and stock computer