Do I need to have a rubber insulator installed on my radiator?

FiveOhFoxBody

Mar 19, 2018
Hello Everyone,
I recently changed the radiator on my 89 Mustang GT (manual) and as I was going under the car to tighten the lower radiator hose, I was surprised to find a couple of small rubber objects under my car. I wasn't sure what they were (I'm a novice) so I picked them up and put em in my toolbox. After the job was done I went online and did a bit of research; I'm pretty sure they're rubber insulators that go somewhere under the radiator; they must have fallen off when I removed the original one. My question is, do I HAVE to install the rubber insulators that go under the radiator, or will my car run fine without them. I would rather not have to drain the radiator and redo the job, however, if it's absolutely necessary than I obviously will. I should also mention that the radiator feels quite sturdy as well, it's not loose or anything.

• Sponsors (?)

Those are for the bottom of the radiator so it does not wear a hole in it, you need to get them back in there, you should be able to undo the top brackets and raise the radiator up far enough to stick them back in without draining it. If you have the factory shroud take that off and let it hang on the fan.

Reactions: 1 users