Do you guys all get stared at when driving?

i ran my car on open headers for about 10 seconds when i was swapping exhaust. must be an aquired taste, because i absolutely hated it
Oh don't get me wrong, I didn't enjoy it. I had some severe issues with tailpipes and busted hangars, and was going dumps anyways. So no reason to hook my x pipe back up after a TOB install, since a shop would be welding most of the pieces together (freaking multiple piece BBK o/r x's...), so I just ran open headers for awhile. It was AWESOME on the drive home, and the first drive the next morning. After that, I was so sick of cranking up my system just to hear it over my car.

• Sponsors (?)

If someone asked me why I drive "that old car" I don't think I would say anything to him....what a prick!

However, my fiance and mother always ask why I like "that loud mustang, it's obnoxious!" The more they dislike it, the cooler it becomes :D

My car got more attention in the last month of the driving season this year when it had the new wheels/stance than what it probably got all the years I've owned it prior. Its amazing how much the new wheels and stance make it look like a "hot rod", and people definitely notice it.

I'm that guy lol. I love Fox Mustangs and i love to see them stock or modified. Its interesting to what others have done. I always go out of my way when i see them. And i rarely see them in my neck of the woods. Maybe 10 each summer? Not that many.

Yeah, I mean, that time the guy was cool. I was with a friend too, so no problem. Plus it was in a good area and it was the cruisin time of year. I just don't that happening when I'm alone in the car, or alone on the road. I trust nobody then. Half the time I'm behind a tinted window anyways.

I usally get a thumbs up or two when cruising around, and every once in a while the stink-eye from some tree hugger in a Prius or Insight:D

I had to register and post just because of this quote. lol

I cruizing down this 4 lane highway moving along at a pretty good clip (posted speed limit is 75, I may have been doing a hair over that :rolleyes:)

So anyway, I get to the 1st traffic light at the outskirts of town and this freakin prius pulls up on my back bumper flashing his headlights, doing the brake-go-brake-go thing.

My mind went IMMEDIATELY to that episode of South Park where the world is overrun by all the "SMUG" generated by people driving thei eco-friendly cars. I started laughing as I power braked and covered the little car in a half decent cloud of tire smoke and exhaust noise before letting go and heading to the next light.

This douche pulls up next me (clearly aggitated) and says, "WTF was all that for???"

I smile, and calmly tell him that my gas pedal must have gotten stuck :rlaugh: and that I'm sure he know how that is. :shrug:

True story, had to share. :p

Yeah, i usually get some pretty mean looks from my open longtubed 5.0L ranger, apparently people value their hearing... I had two mechanics in a busted up fox pull up next to me and give me a confused look, so i ripped second and they gave me a :nice: I just put on my LMII's yesterday, so we will see if i still get the same looks as i did before...

:OT:Not a mustang, but it is at heart ;)

I had to register and post just because of this quote. lol

I cruizing down this 4 lane highway moving along at a pretty good clip (posted speed limit is 75, I may have been doing a hair over that :rolleyes:)

So anyway, I get to the 1st traffic light at the outskirts of town and this freakin prius pulls up on my back bumper flashing his headlights, doing the brake-go-brake-go thing.

My mind went IMMEDIATELY to that episode of South Park where the world is overrun by all the "SMUG" generated by people driving thei eco-friendly cars. I started laughing as I power braked and covered the little car in a half decent cloud of tire smoke and exhaust noise before letting go and heading to the next light.

This douche pulls up next me (clearly aggitated) and says, "WTF was all that for???"

I smile, and calmly tell him that my gas pedal must have gotten stuck :rlaugh: and that I'm sure he know how that is. :shrug:

True story, had to share. :p
:lol::rlaugh::rlaugh::nice::hail2:

They dont stare at the car...they stare at me.

Because Im so damn sexy!"

goldmember5.jpg

60? **** mine broke um loose once at 100 on a really cold night scared the piss outta me... And that was around 389/464... They are ass happy for sure... Damn I miss that truck