• Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech

Engine Does this look like TDC? (SOLVED)

  • Thread starter Thread starter doctorj357
  • Start date Start date Apr 26, 2019

doctorj357

5 Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
98
22
18
Michigan
Apr 26, 2019
#1
  • Apr 26, 2019
  • #1
So on my 95, I'm about to change the distributor. I read a lot of posts on here about proper way to do this and I have a question about TDC. Last night I pulled my cap off and noticed the rotor facing directly to the #1 cylinder. I thought 'wow how convenient as that's how it sat when it got parked'. I pulled the spark plug from the #1 and realized I can't really look down the chamber due to the angle

But was able to get my cell in there and take a picture of it........ does this look like TDC on #1? I tried inserting a screwdriver to measure depth, and it it bottoms out quickly, suggesting the pistol is right there. To me it looks like the piston is, or very near the tippy top of the compression stroke. Just looking for opinions first as I'm trying to figure out if its even worth attempting to crank the engine by hand at this point,l

 

General karthief

wonder how much it would cost to ship you a pair
Mod Dude
Aug 25, 2016
28,048
10,672
213
polk county florida
Apr 26, 2019
#2
  • Apr 26, 2019
  • #2
What does your balancer say?
Or rather is the pointer in the right place?
Balancers don't really say much.
 

doctorj357

5 Year Member
Aug 7, 2018
98
22
18
Michigan
Apr 26, 2019
#3
  • Apr 26, 2019
  • #3
Solved.

 
Reactions: General karthief
You must log in or register to reply here.

Similar threads

Resolved 93 Mustang 5.0 - Cranks but does not start
  • dan50
  • Jul 18, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
6
Views
348
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Jul 18, 2026
dan50
9
Engine Donor '00 Mountaineer meet '91 Fox
  • 91firecracker
  • May 11, 2026
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
  • 2 3
Replies
41
Views
1K
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech May 28, 2026
91firecracker
9
L
Engine Why won't the motor start if I have spark and fuel
  • LeviAnderson
  • Nov 20, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
3
Views
490
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Nov 20, 2025
AeroCoupe
Considering widening my rear wheels, would like to verify my thoughts on fitment
  • 2000xp8
  • Jul 9, 2026
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • 2
Replies
37
Views
1K
1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk- Sep 18, 2026
AeroCoupe
Drivetrain 83’ Glx convertible C5 Trans help!
  • JacksonJared2113
  • Dec 25, 2025
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Replies
2
Views
462
Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech Dec 26, 2025
JacksonJared2113
Share:
Bluesky Email Share Link
  • Mustang Forums
  • 1979 - 1995 (Fox, SN95.0, & 2.3L) -General/Talk-
  • Fox 5.0 Mustang Tech
Menu
Log in

Register

  • Forums
  • What's new
  • Media
  • Resources
  • Contact
  • Sponsor
X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?

X

Privacy & Transparency

We use cookies and similar technologies for the following purposes:

  • Personalized ads and content
  • Content measurement and audience insights

Do you accept cookies and these technologies?