Double Din DVD is in!!! Painted 03 dash/console.. Done

turbogt

May 1, 2003
Montana
Here you go :)

Its pretty much done, but I'm waiting on my custom itilian leather parking brake and shifter boots.. they will be black with silver thread..

I'm also having stickers made for the boost retard knob which has been relocated to the shifter bezel..

IMG_0465.jpg

IMG_0467.jpg

IMG_0464.jpg

IMG_0479.jpg

IMG_0476.jpg

IMG_0362.jpg

DSC00703.jpg

• Sponsors (?)

I've always really liked your ride. I keep meaning to ask about the inner door handles. I love those things. I probably don't want to ask about them (they look $$).

looks great:nice:

Hissin,i like those door handles aswell.
look like the ones from american muscle,$140.

SHR Chrome Billet Door Handles (94-04) at AmericanMuscle.com - Free Shipping!

I bought mine from upr.. they are the satin ones, along with everything else in the car... the satin stuff looks super shiny in the pictures, but is softer looking in person...

I'd wanted those doorhandles even when I had my first mustang, but could never fork out the dough for them..

They are one of my favorite mods to the interior, but are a drop in the bucket compared to how much everything else has costed....

LOL!

atleast we now know that console fits nice and snug with no fitment issues... what was used to paint/dye the center console?

I have bought three cans of vinyl paint and one can of vinyl dye from latemodel restoration...

NONE OF THEM MATCHED.. they were all too gray and not black enough, which really made me mad... They were supposed to be perfect matches for our interior..

So I went to the carquest paint shop and had them mix it on site for me..

The innovate is an awesome piece..

I had the same issues with interior paint.

Thank you both (Harvey too) for the door handle info. Out of my budget but sure yummy nonetheless. :nice:

This is pretty much what I'd like to treat my steed to, did you use the entire '03 dash or just the bezel, etc for the radio? Did you use '03 seats and the center console also?

Thanks for posting that, it's time to update my pony as well :)!

This is pretty much what I'd like to treat my steed to, did you use the entire '03 dash or just the bezel, etc for the radio? Did you use '03 seats and the center console also?

Thanks for posting that, it's time to update my pony as well :)!

The Dash is original..

The Seats, AC Bezel, Shifter Bezel, and Console are all 03 Parts...

Using an 03 Dash in a 95 does leave you some radio mounting problems..

I had to fiberglass the mounting kit to the ac bezel, and then built a support for it to rest on when it is in the dash since the dvd player is so heavy...

Worked like a charm:D

Ok so here's the result (pictures to follow)

I am in GA, so I called PrestigeMustang.com and they said to come over. A guy named Corey spent about an hour with me, walking me through their warehouse and combing over parts with me. I did pick some parts (like the door pockets) that need a little love, but all the clips, etc were on them and that's what mattered. I got new door pockets, a steering wheel (2 tone grey & black from I think a 99?), a center console (grey I think '02), a shift boot & bezel from a '98 cobra, and a new clock for the dash.

I won't quote the price but I'll just say I got a deal and highly recommend these guys, they are mustang guys, the gent who helped me pick parts has a 65 he's redone. He also showed me on one of their cars they were dismantling where a vacuum problem I had was, went home, exactly like he said, 5 minute fix!

I am really happy with the fixup, and I went with a single din Sony CDX-GT630ui which charges my iPhone and shows the song title, etc when I plug it up and play it over the car stereo. My rig didn't come out quite as slick as yours, but I am so happy to be driving her now that she's not falling apart inside!

-Rob Long

BTW - those guys have a website Prestige Mustang Parts and I'm just saying they treated me very well. I grew up in a shop and have seen my share of them, but these guys were professional and super helpful, I especially would send someone there who may not be as car savvy since I think they would actually get the customer service they expect.