Roush Dyno results 2004 S/C Saleen with mods

Well, got back from the dyno and I'm VERY happy with the results!!! :banana:

When the car was on the dyno last it put down 306 rwhp / 340 rwtq. Today I put down 361 rwhp / 392 rwtq. With the stock pulley we previously saw 9.5 lbs of boost. Today I was able to see a little over 12 lbs of boost with the Chicane 2.97" pulley.

What I changed from my last dyno session...
- 03/04 Cobra dual fuel pumps and baffled tank over stock GT tank and pump
- FRPP 42 lb injectors over Saleen 30 lb injectors
- Chicane 2.97" Pulley over stock 3.125" Pulley
- SCT Xcal2 tuned over stock Saleen PowerFlash tune

Two things...the Cobra fuel pump is awesome as I had no fuel delivery issues whatsoever. Bad news is I pegged the stock meter (we saw 5 volts at about 5800-5900 rpm). Also, my inlet air temperature was high (over 130 degrees).

So, overall I'm happy. Down the road I'll be swapping in an SCT Big Air MAF, Magnaflow X-Pipe, and 3.73 gears.

Unfortunately, I don't have a scanner for the dyno graph, but here are a couple pics from the dyno session. My car did great today, my truck not so hot. It only put down 388 rwhp / 402 rwtq (2005 Dodge Ram 1500 Rumble Bee). I was hoping for mid 400 numbers but I've got lean A/F issues up top that precluded us from making full pull runs.

DynoShop1.jpg

DynoShop2.jpg

I've got more pics of my car on my CarDomain page located here...

CarDomain Garage

• Sponsors (?)

Thanks for all the compliments.

S281SC#08...
As for seeing 9.5 lbs of boost, not sure why I'm seeing it and you're only seeing 5 lbs and upwards of only 7 lbs. These blowers are rated for 10 by Saleen. Absolutely bone stock I saw 9.2 lbs on the dyno. We saw 9.7 lbs when we added the JLT cold air kit only. What is the sea level where you dyno? How were atmospheric conditions? Just a few things to consider. I'm not that far above sea level and when I dyno'ed it was about 72 degrees and barely any humidity at all.

marcus95...
Not sure if the JLT is the best performing. I know the Densecharger is a good kit too. However, for the price and performance gains I saw it is worth it. I also like the fact that he custom paints it to either match your car or to whatever color you do want it.

Yeah, I really want to feel all the power I've got now and I think 3.73 gears will be a good balance. I don't think I'd feel 3.55's and 4.10's would be too tall for a supercharged car.

I'm not finished yet, so as I continue to mod I'll keep you all updated. My goal is 400 rwhp with the Series IV. I just can't see spending all that extra money for a Kenne Bell when I already have a twin screw blower. I'm thinking of a Snow Performance kit. My car isn't a daily driver and it really only sees good weather weekend driving, car shows, and occasionally the track.

HazeGray Great numbers man! As you know we have alot of the same mods and those numbers get me real excited. If you upgrade to a Lightning or SCT 90MM maf and an x-pipe your gonna see 20-30m More hp with tunning. May i suggest a Catted Bassani X-pipe, because uve heard they flow the best, and sounds alot better than Magnaflow. Do u have a 75mm Throttle Body? Definately do a 3:55 gear or a 3:73 Gear. Your torque Numbers are awesome, you hp will be higher once those other goodies are in! Bueatiful car, and Nice power as well! I cant wait to dyno now!

00-Saleen said:
HazeGray Great numbers man! As you know we have alot of the same mods and those numbers get me real excited. If you upgrade to a Lightning or SCT 90MM maf and an x-pipe your gonna see 20-30m More hp with tunning. May i suggest a Catted Bassani X-pipe, because uve heard they flow the best, and sounds alot better than Magnaflow. Do u have a 75mm Throttle Body? Definately do a 3:55 gear or a 3:73 Gear. Your torque Numbers are awesome, you hp will be higher once those other goodies are in! Bueatiful car, and Nice power as well! I cant wait to dyno now!

Thanks, yeah I had used your parts list in your signature to put together my mods...that's why we have a lot of the same mods. I'm going to do an SCT Big Air MAF just so I have room to grow. I'll look into the Bassani Catalytic X-Pipe as you suggested. Yep, I've got an Accufab 75mm Throttle Body. I'm going to skip the 3.55's and go with the 3.73's. I was hoping to break 400 rwtq...definitely next time! Seeing what the 2.97" pulley can do I'm gonna look into a custom RR 2.70" pulley :D

I'll keep ya posted... :banana:

00-Saleen said:
How small will RR make em? I have there 3.0 Pulley on right now, and im seeing 10 Sometimes 11 PSI :) Definately keep me updated. You will see 400RWHP and torque with a couple more goodies :)

Congrats

They'll custom make 'em in 1/10 increments. Not sure how small they'll go. I saw about 9.5 lbs with the stock 3.125" pulley and I'm seeing about 12.2 lbs with the Chicane 2.97" pulley right now. I was thinking of a 2.70" pulley, but now I'm wondering if (1) it is possible to make it that small, and (2) how fast it will be spinning the blower. I'm going to have to do some more research.

EDIT: You know, I'm reading that thread over on Corral titled 387HP Saleen Series4 - long and one guy posted that the Chicane pulley is 2.89". I took the word from someone else that it is 2.97". I'll have to actually measure mine and see. The 2.89" measurement seems more accurate considering the increase in boost I'm seeing. I'm out of town on business for the week, so when I get back next weekend I'm going to measure the pulley myself.

Yea that is an awesome thread. I measured mine and it seems to be 3.0 right on the money. And yes 12.2 Lbs of boost seemed like alot for only a 2.97. Imagine a 2.8 Pulley :)

Once i dyno i may be giving RR a call for a smaller pulley, and also maybe Joe @ Chicane for a Spearco Intercooler...