eBay rant

• Sponsors (?)

Buy it now rules.... I rarely bid on anything unless I really don't care if I get it or not.

And the guy didn't cheat you. He bid more than you. So the auto-bidding stopped when he was the high bidder. He could have actually bid a million bucks... you never know. :wink:

BTW - I just bought a used set of taillights for $20... painted them black, and will put them on the car soon. Going to see what they look like and if I like them on not. If you want more aggressive... just mask the thing off differently. Good luck pulling that double sided sticky crap off your car later.... If you leave it too long, it'll pull your paint off and you'll be repainting your stock lights anyway.

well I won my auction 5.50 only bidder lol s$h cost more then the part. Cost me 14 something total now just hope it works so i don't have to spend 90 on a new one.

Watching another one for a repair manual then maybe I'll know what i'm doing lol

what i hate about ebay even more is when people charge a **** load for shipping

i just bought a gss340 fuel pump for about $120 shipped. when it got to the door, i had to pay $20. what the hell did i just pay you for shipping then?

It seems to me that ebay doesnt bang a percentage or whatever off shipping, hence why some guys sell a 30 buck item for 2 bucks (Buy it now) and then ask for 28 bucks in shipping.............

That said, the fuel pump thing would chafe my britches too. Was it COD or something?

HISSIN50 said:
It seems to me that ebay doesnt bang a percentage or whatever off shipping, hence why some guys sell a 30 buck item for 2 bucks (Buy it now) and then ask for 28 bucks in shipping.............

That said, the fuel pump thing would chafe my britches too. Was it COD or something?
:lol: If that doesn't show your age nothing will

95riosnake said:
I have to rant a little. I just lost an auction for a set of 94-95 Saleen taillight bezels on eBay. Mind you I have been the high bidder for 6 days, and spent the last hour of the auction checking constantly. In the very last second, some a**hole outbid me by $1. The thing is, how did he know my max bid? I checked it like 2 seconds before it was over and I was still high bidder, but then I refresh the page and he has outbid me by $1. The current bid was $17 below what my max bid was, so how did he know to bid $1 more? This pisses me off, obviously some jerk using some sniping program, I hope he puts the bezels on his car and wraps it around a tree. I have been lookin for these bezels forever and came so close to finally getting a pair, damnit.

Oh well, sorry for the rant guys but I've been pissed off all afternoon about this.:mad:

I dont know if someone mentioned it dont have time to read the entire thread but there are those 'Sniper' progams that you can D/L for free and they will bid in the last 2 seconds of the auction what ever you set as your max bid.