Exhaust EGR and SMOG Systems - KOEO code 34

man I wish one of you guys lived close to me u guys know so much it makes my head spin lol
the one problem you have is too many people talking and doing things heading in different directions, you would have better luck trying to ride a football.
Now the only vacuum line needed to make the engine run is the fuel pressure regulator line. Plug all the lines on the manifold except that one. Mine is red with big rubber ends.
There is a vacuum line for the PVC valve, it's at the back of the lower manifold, it's bigger, it plugs into the manifold usually under the drivers side of the upper intake above the valve cover. Make sure all the other lines on the manifold are plugged, there is one under the front center of the manifold behind the distributor, hard to find, it goes to the purge canister, if the line is there that's ok, find the other end, it may connect to a valve by the right frame rail and that goes to a black box, if it don't, don't sweat it right now just make sure its plugged.
Now the engine should start and run.
next we will work on the vacuum lines you need, one thing at a time, now the next time your friend wants to help, tell him to hold your beer.

• Sponsors (?)

the one problem you have is too many people talking and doing things heading in different directions, you would have better luck trying to ride a football.
Now the only vacuum line needed to make the engine run is the fuel pressure regulator line. Plug all the lines on the manifold except that one. Mine is red with big rubber ends.
There is a vacuum line for the PVC valve, it's at the back of the lower manifold, it's bigger, it plugs into the manifold usually under the drivers side of the upper intake above the valve cover. Make sure all the other lines on the manifold are plugged, there is one under the front center of the manifold behind the distributor, hard to find, it goes to the purge canister, if the line is there that's ok, find the other end, it may connect to a valve by the right frame rail and that goes to a black box, if it don't, don't sweat it right now just make sure its plugged.
Now the engine should start and run.
next we will work on the vacuum lines you need, one thing at a time, now the next time your friend wants to help, tell him to hold your beer.
I wasn't sure on the back of the intake if the 2 ports mattered what went into them and I still have the canister the car is a stock motor I only pulled the smog cause I put a h pipe on and the pipe from the smog was leaking

I wasn't sure on the back of the intake if the 2 ports mattered what went into them and I still have the canister the car is a stock motor I only pulled the smog cause I put a h pipe on and the pipe from the smog was leaking
I understand, one thing at a time.
Look, these cars are computer controlled, it relies on sensors that give it information so it can control things, we'll get to that part soon enough.

Reactions: 1 user
that's all new but I think I have a 160 thermostat I'm going take it out and see, the fan shroud it's a little broken at the bottom and no plastic shroud under the car
The air dam and full shroud are important.

A 160 deg thermostat is not hot enough to keep your oil free of blow by, and simply put, might keep the car in warm up mode.
So save this for after GK and you get it running better.

ya that has a few lines going to it and the vacuum cans under the fender cause I hooked up a used vacuum line all back up and still hasn't ran right I'll see when I get a egr
Maybe this diagram will help when you get this far.
BA32433A-78F2-46EE-99DE-51C293726FA8.png

The big 3/8 hose one
On the brake booster
You need an actual picture of a 91 GT EGR system apparently Matty
There is a delay valve in that system I believe and a bunch of stuff depending on year
Those schematics are good and someone like me could figure it out
A youngster like you may need a picture. Do not run the egr until you get it figured out
The spent exhaust gas is only supposed to run thru at part throttle and they used to run venturi vacuum for this
Now there is manifold vacuum (always) and the evr is the vent on most
So it only applies vacuum thru the evr when commanded by the ecu
Kinda complicated you would need to read for a while and get lost in theory and then grab your H manual and track down pinpoint tests with a NGS

Last edited:
The big 3/8 hose one
On the brake booster
You need an actual picture of a 91 GT EGR system apparently Matty
There is a delay valve in that system I believe and a bunch of stuff depending on year
Those schematics are good and someone like me could figure it out
A youngster like you may need a picture. Do not run the egr until you get it figured out
The spent exhaust gas is only supposed to run thru at part throttle and they used to run venturi vacuum for this
Now there is manifold vacuum (always) and the evr is the vent on most
So it only applies vacuum thru the evr when commanded by the ecu
Kinda complicated you would need to read for a while and get lost in theory and then grab your H manual and track down pinpoint tests with a NGS
I have the manual for the car now and I'm 40 lol but yes this is all new to me

40 great so you do know something...
Just kidding and trying to get an indication who I am talking to.
Thanks I'm 62 not retired but collecting my some of my retirement
I'll die with a wrench in my hand if I am lucky