Engine update!

Cobain03

Aug 27, 2003
Lexington, Ky
well i've made a couple of post about removal and such and wanted to keep you all informed. Well, this picture shows it all!
DSCF2621.jpg

it came out fairly easy, once we found that mystery bolt that was still holding it on lol.
DSCF2616.jpg

Attachments

• DSCF2621.jpg
    DSCF2621.jpg
    100.2 KB · Views: 68
  • DSCF2616.jpg
    DSCF2616.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 69
  • Sponsors (?)

I'd rather pull the trans with the engine.. alot easier to bolt the trans to the engine out of the car.. to me anyway..

Are you doing a full rebuild? Might look at dropping a stroker in there... compare the prices of machine work, new bearings and pistons etc, pretty close to the same price as the stroker... 331 would be nice..:nice:

naw 1000 bucks is way outta the league. i dont have much money, seeing as im 17 yrs old and still in school.

boring and honing will run around 120, full rebuild kit including new pistons, aftermarket cam etc. will run around 550 or so.

I did my first engine pull recently and i was a one man show. Came out really easy - I chose to do the tranny and engine all in 1 pull. After everything was unbolted, it took about 30 mins to pull it all out. Pump a little, check for clearance, pump a little, move hoist, check for clearance. Over and over again...