Engineers

Rickyll7

Dec 16, 2005
How many of you are engineers or are going to school for it and what is your major? Here is one, Mechanical Engineering.

EDIT: Sorry, I meant to say I STUDY Mechanical Engineering, I finish my bachelors at LSU this spring.

• Sponsors (?)

Ill be going to Purdue this fall for mechanical engineering. I work at my dads business during highschool so I already have a pretty good grasp of things.

I'm a freshman there now in Civil Engineering. Be ready to bend over first semester homework wise.

EDIT: Screw you and your nice cars! haha, you can't bring 'em next year :p

Techs make more money. They get high hourly wage, overtime, and aren't on call. Engineers work for mere pennies......a straight salary, plus 24/7 on call, and 90 hour work weeks. Plus, techs get to have more fun. I liked being tech more than anything. I can still do all the tech work I want, but I always end up getting pulled away by senior engineers looking for a fall guy for their engineering diasters.

Just shy of a decade. Good job. :nice: My uncle took at least 10 years to get his BSME. I remember visting him in summer when I was a little kid. When he started they still used drafting tables. He had a huge draft table. CAD was still experimental. I think maybe that is why it took so long. I guess he was the last of the old school engineers, and had to redo his whole degree with the dawn of the Computer Age.

Techs make more money. They get high hourly wage, overtime, and aren't on call. Engineers work for mere pennies......a straight salary, plus 24/7 on call, and 90 hour work weeks. Plus, techs get to have more fun. I liked being tech more than anything. I can still do all the tech work I want, but I always end up getting pulled away by senior engineers looking for a fall guy for their engineering diasters.

I'll take my "mere" pennies any day of the week.