Englishtown Novice (Questions!)

blackraven

Aug 19, 2006
Trenton, NJ
Greetings All!

I drive a Mustang, I own a helmet, and now I'm itching for some strip time at Englishtown (hopefully before the weather turns). But, I never popped my "track cherry" yet so I have a few questions before becoming a warranty lost-cause...

- How friendly is the Englishtown crowd to "fresh meat"?
- Since I've never raced yet, I wouldn't know a time to dial-in at... On Test & Tune nights (Wed), or time trials in general, do you have to dial-in a time or do you just straight race, then dial-in for eliminations?
- If I went on a Wed night, would class matter? How about Friday's "Street Night"? I plan to driving my '07 with a CAI & tune, which class would I best fit into (or would it matter at first)?
- Once I gain the first bit of confidence, how do Gambler nights work? (Is it per race or per night)

Any insight would be greatly appreciated!
-Tom

• Sponsors (?)

If its anything like my local track you dont dial in for test and tune or time trials and theres no eliminations in time trials.
Youre just racing for time slips, not in a bracket and not racing the car next to you.

The class only matters as to what staging lane you end up in.

For test & tune, you don't need a dial since it is just heads up racing for time slips.

Best thing you can do is get there early and watch the other racers for a while so
you can see where to stage, etc. The track crew will direct you. When you first get
there, you need to fill out the card and go to tech inspection. After that, wait in the pit
area until they call your lanes.