Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Almost 24hrs later still have 37psi on the fuel rail.

Attachments

• 20171213_170320.jpg
    20171213_170320.jpg
    600.2 KB · Views: 117
Reactions: 2 users
This is the method used for diesel fuel rail repairs, they run alot higher pressure than I do.
Sweated together like copper pipe

As for the injectors, people jb weld bungs in all the time it's in the instructions in thepacage the bungs came in. I am just being slightly more creative is all.

Justifying meat-ball maintenance practices by providing examples will not keep the fire from starting.

Worrying about the contents of Mike's list instead of the point of Mike's list at your peril my friend. I couldn't even estimate the number of car fire threads I've seen.

Take a step back and look at everything.

Got the car back together tonight and it fired right up and ran like dog doo....

I plugged in the laptop to see what was what.. tunerstudio and my tach read very differently. Tach was at half rpm... it reads the idm signal from the edis just like a basic coil. So I surmised I must have a dead coil pack... sure enough when I jiggled the wiring the engine ran better.

FML can't I catch a break here.

The solder tubes I used failed on that side, that means I must now question the integrity of the entire harness. But at least I know where that random missfire was coming from

Reactions: 1 user
red·neck
ˈredˌnek/
noun
NORTH AMERICAN informal derogatory
  1. a working-class white person, especially a politically reactionary one from a rural area.
    "rednecks in the high, cheap seats stomped their feet and hooted"
    synonyms: provincial, yokel; More

Reactions: 1 user
To step back onto the progress train....

I found a bad solder joint at both coil packs on the 12v feed. The solder and shrink tubes I used of that color failed a pull test on every connection. I have replaced them with mechanical splices and shrink tube.

With it all back together I did a test start. It runs well(ish) now..... go figure..... probably my problem the whole friggin time:fuss:

I need to fuel at idle it's lean, very lean 16afr lean... looks like it may need more timing as well or I may need to check the timing to be sure we still have advance. 18* may not be enough at idle the headers were all starting to glow, that usually means it needs more timing.

Those tests will have to wait, the wife is calling.

Reactions: 1 users