Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

• Sponsors (?)

Took most of the day but I got the exhaust back on, made a oil return reservoir for the turbos, installed the filters and did all the wastegate plumbing.
20220219_165029.jpg

Reactions: 5 users
The new turbos are making 5psi with a single spring in the wastegate. I have an acceptable 1:1 boost to backpressure ratio which is all I could ask for in a remote mount setup. The car already feels much faster and makes more power than the smaller turbos on more boost.

Just need to put miles on it now and work out the little bugs, I plan on getting the interior finished up here soon so I can enjoy the nice weather.
Got too much sun yesterday just me and the dog cruising around most of the day.

• Hell Yeah!
Reactions: 4 users
Well..... I broke it :nonono:
I guess whatever power its making was too much for the direct drum, I still have 1 and 2nd gears but everything else is fubar. I knew I should have done the one piece drum.
Car only did 115 during a roll race in the 1/4 mile, I could not get the trans to 2-3shift without lifting and stabbing the throttle then on the way home lost high gears and had to lock it in 2nd and drive 40 miles at 3k rpm :spot:

Also did some big Ign system upgrades.
1651157139139.png

These are smart coils, at full tilt they can pull up to 20A each coil.... They fire so hot and for such a long time that I have to retune the fuel table and go to a colder plug.
1651157235198.png

The relays on the firewall feed each bank of coils and in turn are fed by an 8g feed with a 50A fuse.

I also had a customer pay me in parts..... I did not turn Chris Lazzaro [of power adder solutions] down when he offered. I also get a nice discount on FIC, ID, and Deka injectors now.
1651157388158.png

I love quality injectors, the car idles better and has better throttle response with these. They are 1000cc [95lb]

Reactions: 5 users
That's not good. Folks were starting to worry about you around here.

What transmission are you going with next ? Are you going to beef up the one you have ?

Reactions: 1 users