Build Thread Enola- Finishing touches

That's not good. Folks were starting to worry about you around here.

What transmission are you going with next ? Are you going to beef up the one you have ?
Yes I am going to upgrade the one I have now.... I already have 1k worth of parts in it already.

Truth be told.. I almost purchased a TKO600 kit to put in the car but I am going to Lake Tahoe on vacation this year and dont want to drain the extra funds.

Reactions: 1 users
  • Sponsors (?)

Well.. after a talk with the Trans shop my 2-3 shift issue may be in the stock valve body. It's all fine until I'm wot it just can't shift under that much load.
Anyone know more about these than I do? I'm probably making upwards of 800ftlbs. I'll get pictures of the broken stuff when he has it apart.

Reactions: 3 users
Ok... I have that problem, you know the one where you find fault with everything...
Currently have 3.08 gears in the car and it drives like a dream, I have no complaints... It will bark the tires on moderate throttle on shifts and will spin the tires over on hard acceleration during the shift. Car never walks out on me and I have no traction issues. Car pulls hard.

But not hard enough lol, I am contemplating a gear swap but I cannot decide on 3.55 or 3.73 gears.

Reactions: 1 users
Hey man ! Glad to see you've jumped back on. Haven't seen a post in a while.

With your set up you can tailor your shift points, right ?

What do your transmission gear ratios look like and what rpm does your car start building boost ?

You've probably already done the calculations ( knowing you ) but this is interesting. Most people go for the higher numerical gear they can get but it can be the thing that makes the car impossible to drive on the street with decent power. I have 3.55s and love them. Had 3.73 in all my other cars and liked them, too. Those cars were stick cars with only NA performance work. Maybe 275- 325hp at best without NOS. Who knows what that junk yard 460 I had made...probably 200hp.