Equal Length headers

• Sponsors (?)

What I dont understand is why they do all of these tests with hellacious motors. Why cant they do them with a mild 5.0, not a 347 stroker with a .600 lift cam and huge brodix heads? This seems pointless to me because I am a college student and I dont have the money to build a motor like this, as much as I want to. Why cant they take mild motor with like an e-cam (or somthing similar) and TF heads(or somthign close) that is halfway affordable. I know they are trying to get the parts to perform at peak, I just dont understand, sorry for the ranting but I had to say somthing.

84blkstang said:
What I dont understand is why they do all of these tests with hellacious motors. Why cant they do them with a mild 5.0, not a 347 stroker with a .600 lift cam and huge brodix heads? This seems pointless to me because I am a college student and I dont have the money to build a motor like this, as much as I want to. Why cant they take mild motor with like an e-cam (or somthing similar) and TF heads(or somthign close) that is halfway affordable. I know they are trying to get the parts to perform at peak, I just dont understand, sorry for the ranting but I had to say somthing.

im with you on this one im still in high school. it would be nice to see them test a person with an average budget could build and for the headers GET LONG TUBES!!!!!!!

LTs are the way to go, and i'm honestly sick of hearing about this MMFF article about ELs being the best. No flame intended to everyone who's bringing it up, but it's just BS. Look at the curve under the hp peak if you want the full story. Even if it were a 10hp increase to have ELs over LTs, the powerband for LTs is higher accross the board.