Exhaust I want something different!!!

It won't. Dumps w/ be as raspy as they can possibly sound. Tail pipes will help to mellow out the sound, but they're still gonna sound like a glasspack.

Well i have no choice..i guess i have to live will raspy...lol...i dont want to leave any HP on the table running chambered mufflers on a turbo car...From what i hear its a NO NO.....

• Sponsors (?)

Well i have no choice..i guess i have to live will raspy...lol...i dont want to leave any HP on the table running chambered mufflers on a turbo car...From what i hear its a NO NO.....

Yeah,...I guess you're right. You'll just have deal w/ everybody saying here comes that guy whose car sounds like one of Bart Simpsons Aunts. ( They're cigarette raspy);)

Im running shorty headers, H pipe and dynomax bullets with no tail pipes or dumps. It sounds very good and its not raspy and it doesnt pop but it is annoyingly loud inside and outside the car. Im gonna see if the LX tailpipes take away some of the drone, but if not then Im buying xpipe and Magnaflows

I've been kicking around the idea of experimenting with homebuilt muffs but I'm sure I could waste enough mat'l to pay for three or four sets of magnaflows by the time I got it right.

What I've considered trying though is a box shaped muff like a flowblaster, but instead of a straight shot pipe thru it with perforation, maybe just a straight shot between louvered baffles angled in the direction of flow. Maybe an inch or so of protrusion into the flowpath, but a perforated barrier with batting also..

Kinda like this, excuse the 6 year old style drawing. LOL..

mufflerdrwaing.png

Im running shorty headers, H pipe and dynomax bullets with no tail pipes or dumps. It sounds very good and its not raspy and it doesnt pop but it is annoyingly loud inside and outside the car. Im gonna see if the LX tailpipes take away some of the drone, but if not then Im buying xpipe and Magnaflows

I had an X and magnaflows on mine before I yanked the 302. I liked it so much I'm keeping it for the 408.

I've been kicking around the idea of experimenting with homebuilt muffs but I'm sure I could waste enough mat'l to pay for three or four sets of magnaflows by the time I got it right.

What I've considered trying though is a box shaped muff like a flowblaster, but instead of a straight shot pipe thru it with perforation, maybe just a straight shot between louvered baffles angled in the direction of flow. Maybe an inch or so of protrusion into the flowpath, but a perforated barrier with batting also..

Kinda like this, excuse the 6 year old style drawing. LOL..

mufflerdrwaing.png
You can do something like that cheap, but it would be very difficult to pack in the batting and then seal the muffler. I saw one similar (round) built on the Power Block not too long ago for very little in materials.

You can do something like that cheap, but it would be very difficult to pack in the batting and then seal the muffler. I saw one similar (round) built on the Power Block not too long ago for very little in materials.

You Dork. (Allen, Not Collin. Well, you can include yourself too Collin If you want to ,.....you both live around Houston after all ) Quit wasting stupid time dreaming up solutions to questions that have already been answered. There are a bazillion mufflers that solve the problem depending on how loud you want the end result to be.

Now take me for instance..... I would never buck conventional wisdom. I'm the type ( and you can ask anyone on here that has paid attention) that never challenges the status quo. I always conform to the market based on what is available,....I mean why bust your ass building something you think is different when you can buy it? :shrug:
You building your own straight through muffler is equivalent to me building my own body kit for a fox.....Phhht. How stupid is that?;)

Reactions: 1 user
My 92 has something pretty different: completely stock exhaust from the stock headers to the 4 cats to the soft barely can hear mufflers and tail pipes. When's the last time u heard that?

My 93 is my preference though:
Ford Racing ceramic shorties
Dr gas off road X pipe
Magnaflow cat back

Bassani is my vote. I have them on my car low inside drone to the point where some times I miss the 40's but a real aggressive sound outside. I'll post a clip when I'm at work

Bassani is my vote. I have them on my car low inside drone to the point where some times I miss the 40's but a real aggressive sound outside. I'll post a clip when I'm at work

Ok cool thanks...which series mufflers do you have I think i have the BX or the race style..there tiny...like 14 inches long by 6 or 8 inches wide and straight thru..Also im going to be running dumps...