Fox exhaust is too loud

darryl paarman

Aug 13, 2013
ft bragg nc
I've been reading a lot of topics on this subject and am undecided on what to do. This is my daily driver.
I have a 93 coupe 5.0 vortech V3 SCI, ford racing shorties, BBK off road X pipe with Flowmaster 40's.
I would like to quiet it down some. I 'm not liking the police attracting volume it has now.
I have 2.73 gears - so cruising at 70 is only 1900-2000 rpm's.
If I added high flow cats with a metallic core - would that help?
Or maybe switching to Dynomax mufflers.
Anyone care to offer a suggestion ? Thanks

• Sponsors (?)

Cats will quiet it down, but it will still have some volumn. Mufflers will make a bigger difference but most aftermarket exhaust tends to be loud. Just what the market wants.

Dynomax is on the quieter end, but borla has a few different mufflers that emphasize tone over pure volume.

Man, there are some really loud cars driving around out there these days. No way yours is close to being among the louder ones. The way you drive is more likely to attract attention than the actual volume of the exhaust. I can understand you wanting a quieter exhaust but I doubt it will change the attention level cops might give you by any measurable amount.

Maybe its just loud to me inside the car .
I had lifted the carpet recently for another project I was doing and clearly it needs something .
I've thought about installing sound deadener .
I would like to get away from the open chamber style mufflers.

Man, there are some really loud cars driving around out there these days. No way yours is close to being among the louder ones. The way you drive is more likely to attract attention than the actual volume of the exhaust. I can understand you wanting a quieter exhaust but I doubt it will change the attention level cops might give you by any measurable amount.

I don't know man, 40 series flows with an off road pipe are loud AF. I would ditch em.

Love my Dynomax Ultrawelded, no drone on frwy and fairly quiet unless accelerating. They also flow high at 90 + % vs in the 50ish % for the Drone oops Flow Masters.