exhaust rubbing gas tank

tag4car

Nov 21, 2005
Birmingham AL
my new MAC cat back is rubbing the front corner drivers side of the gas tank shield raw with heat!! i've searched this up and it appears i'm not the only one...:rolleyes:

any ideas other that putting some heat wrap tape on that area of pipe? i've been under adjusting the fit and it was good, but like the search says, as soon as you put the tails on, it all goes to crap...:mad:

• Sponsors (?)

i got the same problem with my 95. its custom exhaust but i have the same rubbing issue. i posted it a while back in the 94/95 section and several other guys had the problem too. they didnt have a solution and neither do i :shrug:

try taking it to a exaust shop and having it modified. you can try some header heat wrap too.

yeah i think i will go to the good ol boys shop up the road, went today with a friend to get a new muffler on his accord, they took new pipe, put a seamless 90 in it, expanded both ends, welded in the new with all new custom hangers for $25, when i had my gt i had both flows welded in for $40, great people and awesome+fast work

i do have some header wrap here with me but i want to get it completely off the chassis, it's transmitting resonance into the cabin......