Exhaust update...No more Ravin

02YellowPony

Apr 29, 2004
Arizona
Well, guys who responded to my last post about Ravin exhaust will know what Im talking about. I went back to the shop and got them to switch out the muffs from the Ravins to Flowmaster 40series. That was really cool of them. It now sounds much deeper and has more rumble...but still not quite enough. The tech told me its totally due to the cats. If I remove or gut them, it will sound night and day different. Much louder and deeper. He thinks it will give me the sound I want. :nice: But, because of emissions laws and testings I cant just remove the cats. So, what Im thinking is to take off the stock cats and totally gut them and then put them back on. That way they will have the stock cat look just in case a cop or whatever looks under my car. When it comes time for emissions testing, I will get some stock cats off a wrecked stang at a salvage yard or whatever and bolt them on just to pass emissions testing. Now my question for you guys, will totally gutted cats give me what Im looking for? Pretty much a free flow set up. Let me know what you think. Again, the only reason Im gonna gut the cats instead of removing them, is because I dont feel like getting a ticket for not having cats. Well, let me know what you guys think. Sorry for the long post. :hail2: :hail2:

• Sponsors (?)

an additional question. What about "High Flow Cats" how are these as an alternative to stock cats or gutting your current one. My setup has the 4 stock cats, one is smashed, we have to fix that... and MAC Dual Catback Exhaust.

Ghostalker said:
an additional question. What about "High Flow Cats" how are these as an alternative to stock cats or gutting your current one. My setup has the 4 stock cats, one is smashed, we have to fix that... and MAC Dual Catback Exhaust.
Im sure high flow cats are much better than the stock cats by a long shot. I would get high flows, but Im too cheap and spent enough money in the past month on my pony. Thats why Im gonna gut mine. I have 2 yrs before I have to go through emmissions, so by then, I will either get high flows or just bolt on some stock cats just to pass emmissions :spot: